Michael Brown n' the Wakanda Crown: The Age of Vibranium is Upon Us.

Titan_Atlas

Tranny Chaser
<Prior Amod>
24d 13h 26m
Secular religion is everywhere. Biggest shock to my understanding, or lack of, human nature since I asked any questions about such a topic.
It's absolutely part of human nature. They are joining a tribe. Many weak minded people flock to the perceived strongest tribe. Religion is a built in loyalty system. Nothing wrong with that, it just appeals to a certain type of human.

wormie

Silver Baronet of the Realm
78d 6h 53m
It's absolutely part of human nature. They are joining a tribe. Many weak minded people flock to the perceived strongest tribe. Religion is a built in loyalty system. Nothing wrong with that, it just appeals to a certain type of human.
I used to think that religion was a useless waste of the weak minded, ignorant and gullible. Turns out it's a necessary condition for the human mind and the forms that do not provide life a purpose are worse than those that do.

iannis

Chairman Meow
46d 11h 59m
When I was in middle school it was mostly country/redneck/outdoorsy types for the white people 'gang' (school was like 50/50 white and ghetto trash from the shithole county north of us), ended up having like an 80 man standoff one day but nothing actually started.

When I was in high school it was the goths/rockers mostly, at least that I hung out with. Small group of us but literally nobody at the school messed with any of us, probably cause they thought we might come back with guns the next day.

That being said, I feel like most white people don't employ the nig-nog tactic of having 30 other people come jump someone because they kicked your ass in a 1v1 fight or a game of basketball.
Usually your white friends will laugh at you for losing. Even if they would have got their ass kicked too, they were at least smart enough not to.

I was never a fighter, I was a lover! But the few redneck brawls that I saw that's exactly how it goes. You bring a bunch of buddies just in case the other guy wants to have his buddies jump in. Ultimately it's about keeping it to a 1v1 boxing match.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Secular religion is everywhere. Biggest shock to my understanding, or lack of, human nature since I asked any questions about such a topic.
Yep. Its why my views have softened toward Christianity in general. Bad behaviors in Christians (That were focused on the religious aspect of things, like hysterical witch hunts) I figured were due to religion, I now realize are inherent in humanity and Christianity was typically restraining them, it wasn't the genesis of them. When we saw those horrible things, it was a failure in Christianity (The levy broke) or it was actually better than would be otherwise. The fact is, humans will develop religions no matter what--that is the natural order of things, and some humans need them A LOT more, simply because our brains still have not caught up to our capabilities.

Humans were not meant to live in super-large societies. We only really have the capacity to learn X number of other individuals to a level where we find ourselves comfortable/confident in groups (Confident we'll know how X person will react. .). For everything else we need heuristics that allow us to shortcut a bunch of data and get us on the same page as everyone else quickly. And you do that through ideologies/religion (And we are pretty stringent in this, if someone violates expected norms, you can watch people nope the fuck out. That's because we don't actually know anyone, we're not really comfortable with them--we're just relying on our ideologies syncing). Hell, you could make the argument that its our being self aware which creates the need--the realization of how complex and big the world is (Far beyond our brain's physical capacity to even begin to understand. Hell, the only reason we've come this far is due to better and better brain prosthetics that allow us to transfer information faster and store more---reading/writing, automated writing (Printing press), electic-based communication, electronic communication/storage.). Trying to process that much data requires we specialize, and specialization requires, again, heuristics so we can quickly trust information and in-group choices, even with our prosthetics.

Religious thinking is inevitable because its a crutch for our inability to keep pace. And Christianity was one that seemed to have a lot of heuristics that were direct counters to the worst ideological tendencies in human nature--like jealousy. Communism, imo, is just jealousy and the inability to understand the massive amount of information that explains inequality, mixing together. Jealousy was a simple emotion meant to guard social mammals from betrayal, it was only supposed to work on a close and intimate level--if you saw a group mate stealing food, you needed to get really angry, because your children's lives might be at stake. But in a super-large society, if you see someone with tons of stuff, and you have zero information on how exactly they acquired it, you're going to rely on that emotional process and its naturally going to conclude how you evolved to view things--that this asshole is stealing from your children's mouths.

Except, of course, in our society the stratification stems from enormous wealth being available and so what might have been an extra piece of fruit for the smartest hunter-gatherer because he figured out the location of perennial plants and when they develop fruit, which is something you can easily explain, now is billions of dollars because he's able to figure out code and apply it to help people, and explaining that to people is much harder. So communism explains it. This is why the Communists always end up killing the factory owners and other high level people, and then wonder why everything goes to shit--because they had no idea how much work, and how complex the work was, that those guys did. They had no idea WHY those people were wealthy.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
26d 23h 7m
I used to think that religion was a useless waste of the weak minded, ignorant and gullible. Turns out it's a necessary condition for the human mind and the forms that do not provide life a purpose are worse than those that do.
Correlation != causation

Not providing a purpose doesn't preclude an ideology from being a positive influence. The weak minded, ignorant and gullible will just be trash no matter what ideology they flock to.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: zombiewizardhawk and Dom

wormie

78d 6h 53m
Correlation != causation

Not providing a purpose doesn't preclude an ideology from being a positive influence. The weak minded, ignorant and gullible will just be trash no matter what ideology they flock to.
The trashiness seems to manifest differently as far as effects on society goes.

• 1Like
Reactions: chthonic-anemos

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
26d 23h 7m
No one is talking about violent crime.
Given that your premise is low IQ people and their impact on society, you actually are. Being a Christian or any other religion doesn't keep idiots from turning to crime. Whatever "purpose" you think religion provides doesn't allow them to escape the limits their inability to think imposes on their lives, or their inability to make good life choices.

• 1Like
Reactions: iannis

wormie

78d 6h 53m
Given that your premise is low IQ people and their impact on society, you actually are. Being a Christian or any other religion doesn't keep idiots from turning to crime. Whatever "purpose" you think religion provides doesn't allow them to escape the limits their inability to think imposes on their lives, or their inability to make good life choices.
Something tells me you don't know what the discussion you are replying to is about.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
47d 10h 58m
Don't know what your responding to, but that's exactly what it does. It's the whole reason it was used as a control system for a few thousand years.

There is just a minimum requirement for it to work. The majority of most groups meet this threshold. Some might not.

It's a real problem that Nobody can talk about, because they are cucks.

sadris

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
74d 16h 53m
Religion can help reduce our increase the propensity for violence. Depending on the doctrine.

• 1Like

wormie

78d 6h 53m
Violence is human nature. It will exist in any society, no matter its religious beliefs.

What the discussion was about is the degenereracy that arises from the human inability to understand the world and the necessity of the mind to explain what is not understood. Society seemed more stable when these explanations had a higher purpose attached to them. As this purpose is diminished but the necessity of belief is not, society seems to become more degenerate.

• 1Like