Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fuck.

Just bought this and got my shit pushed in on Nemesis early on and got in a death loop so I lowered the difficulty and started again.

Is it normal for random ass Captains to come out of nowhere and attack you? I'll spend 30 mins trying to work down mobs around a Cpt that I'm going for, have the targeted Cpt 90% dead and then BOOM, another one miracles in, fucks me, I go for Vendetta, same shit, death loop of frustration.

I'm like 1hr in at most.
Yeah, it happens. Difficulty eases up as after the first map. The first one is really a high level zone in-design. You also don't have good gear or the good skills

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is taking over from BF4 as my go-to time waster game.

I've never 100%'d a game but I think I'm close on those. All I have left is the side missions/time trials for the elf ghost. I'm assuming I need to get gold on all of them to 100%?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never tried this Game but stumbled across this video. 😂

Moving my response to the Shadow of War thread. It's funny that you posted that because I just learned that Wonder Woman is finally building on the Nemesis system.

Also saw this vid linked which is interesting.

But what I reaaaally wanted to do was whine about a fact that I learned this week that Warner Brothers patented the Nemesis System US20160279522A1 - Nemesis characters, nemesis forts, social vendettas and followers in computer games - Google Patents Warner Bros finally secures patent for Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system which is absolute bullshit from a player perspective. I loved the nemesis system and wanted to see it copy-pasted in every big budget open-world RPG. AC Odyssey did it and benefitted from it, though they didn't develop it nearly as much as Monolith did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really don't see how that concept is unique enough to be patentable.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

i dunno, securing a play through that’s not the same everytime is what this system is all about, decisions can have consequences and this generates a great number of scenarios throughout the game as it decides when and where certain things cause changes. I haven’t seen that to many times before, at least, not to the extent it happens here.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i dunno, securing a play through that’s not the same everytime is what this system is all about, decisions can have consequences and this generates a great number of scenarios throughout the game as it decides when and where certain things cause changes. I haven’t seen that to many times before, at least, not to the extent it happens here.
The cringe-worthy fanfic level writing made me block most of my Shadow of War memories so I brain-farted a bit. I was thinking of one or two narrow things but the "Nemesis System" means the entire named orc system and all the interwoven relationships it creates which is definitely something I can see being patentable.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I always figured the SOW nemisis system was so far ahead of everyone else just because of the number of combinations of variables that were possible, along with the pool of names/attributes/voice overs, etc to draw from. Also, they didn't lock it into something that affects the outcome/storyline. So they can have 5million different possible combinations of orcs and interactions with the player, but they don't have to try and create storylines for each.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As a layman I agree 100%. The idea of patenting game concepts that are as fundamental as a responsive NPC interaction scheme is crazy.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is there any news at all about another game in the works, or something using the nemesis system? I look for news a couple times a year and never find anything.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No, there was rumors a year or two ago they were going to license out the nemesis system but nothing ever came of it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sad Henry Rollins GIF

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Is there any news at all about another game in the works, or something using the nemesis system? I look for news a couple times a year and never find anything.
That Wonder Woman game that was announced a couple years ago is being made by the Shadow of Mordor devs. That it will be using the Nemesis System is just about the only detail they've shared on it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That Wonder Woman game that was announced a couple years ago is being made by the Shadow of Mordor devs. That it will be using the Nemesis System is just about the only detail they've shared on it.
I think that was literally the worst news possible. Thanks for that.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users