Two girls get killed by terrorists in the most gruesome way. You belittle them, call them dumb and piss all over their graves in the European Politics thread because it fits your agenda so well and makes you feel all fuzzy inside.
And now? Let's share the video of the kill, quick, get it while you it's up! At least that way we can get a cheap kick out of their deaths!
A traditional Danish song has sparked controversy recently. A female teacher of foreign origin at the Danish Business School was offended by a line in the song (the first line) being sung at a school gathering. The title of the song is “The Danish Song is a Young Blonde Girl” – a classic Danish song about the beauty and soul of Denmark and the Danes. The University promptly apologized and said they wouldn’t sing the song again and thanked the teacher for her vigilance on behalf of PC culture.
"Personally, I will not sing along with that song. Nor can I imagine that anyone is going to sing it now that we've experienced that it may seem offensive. That it will be a provocation to sing it in the future.”
It's a song that both men and dark-haired women sing along to.What does the offense consist of?
"The metaphors can have an offensive effect. I am a historian and think it's okay to record songs like this but there must be a comment about its cultural context. The song focuses on the idea of a homogeneous Denmark, and we must be able to call this problematic. We need to be aware of which parts of the past we take up and which we put into the shadow. It should not be removed, but when it is sung, it should be pointed out that it is an expression of a period when we had a homogeneous Denmark."
Are there other songs that should be sung with a footnote?
“Yes, pretty much all the country songs."
However, the good thing about all this is that it upset people on both sides of the political spectrum. The majority of the Danes were outraged that she, who had been welcomed in their country, was allowed to stop one of their most beautiful and iconic songs from being sung. And as a result they decided that it was more PC nonsense than they could take, and were united – and sang the song in Parliament as a protest against the lunacy.
Danish politician Marcus Knuth posted the video on his Facebook and added: “Christmas these days is about the importance of preserving and fighting for our Danish traditions who are under increased pressure of political correctness… "The latest example is about the Danish song about a young blonde girl. A teacher was so offended, that she complained about it… “Come one, this is one of the Danish songs about the essence of being Danish, It’s a pillar of our culture. We should never apologise for that.”
According to the Greek Aggressional Secretariat of Religions, last year the attacks on religious buildings (includes vandalism, burglaries, thefts, sacrifices, fires, etc.) rose by 159 per cent, while the primary target appears to be the Orthodox Church. In 2017 a total of 556 incidents were recorded against place of religious worship, 536 of those attacks made in Christian places.
In particular, according to the relevant report of the General Secretariat of Religions, 525 cases against the Orthodox Church (94 per cent of the total incidents), many of which bear religious intolerance causing intense reflection within the Greek Church. “Evidence shows that the primary target of the attacks in our homeland is the Orthodox Church. This fact can not be overlooked. We owe the State and the Church to seek ways of cooperation so that this profane reality that affects our history and identity is eliminated,” says Secretary General of Religions, Giorgos Kalantzis.
Four stowaways have reportedly threatened crew members with iron bars on-board a cargo ship in the Thames Estuary demanding they are set down near the British shoreline. Essex Police responded to a call at just after 9am on Friday regarding the safety of crew on board a Grimaldi Lines cargo ship. Paul Kyprianou, a spokesman for Grimaldi Group, told ITV News that four stowaways were discovered on the ship as it approached Tilbury.
The stowaways, who are believed to have boarded in Lagos where the ship left from, were locked in a cabin and given food and water in line with international regulations, Mr Kyprianou said. But they managed to escape early on Friday morning and armed themselves with iron bars, demanding the ship's master takes them closer to the coast. "We understand that they wanted to jump and reach the shores of the UK," Mr Kyprianou said. As of yet there are no reports of anyone being harmed.
German authorities say police are searching a Berlin mosque as part of an investigation into its imam on suspicion he raised money to support an Islamic fighter in Syria. Berlin prosecutors said Tuesday that 45-year-old Ahmad A., whose last name wasn’t given in line with privacy laws, was the target of the raid on the As-Sahaba mosque in the capital’s Wedding district.
They said in two tweets that A., who preaches under the name Abul Baraa, is suspected of financing terrorism for sending money to “a jihadi fighter in Syria for the purchase of military equipment.” The prosecutor’s spokesman Martin Steltner told The Associated Press that no arrests were made and that the raids at the mosque and other locations were aimed at obtaining evidence for his office’s ongoing investigation.
“Police have confirmed that five people, all of them monks, were injured in the attack. One monk suffered serious injuries. A 68-year-old monk was at the premises of the church when the robbers broke in. They threatened the man with a firearm and forced him to lie on the ground.
“The perpetrators then hit him and trampled upon him, inflicting serious head injuries, the Austrian Kronen Zeitung reports. Four more monks, who arrived at the church later, were also attacked and injured, police spokesman Harald Soeroes told Kronen Zeitung.
“The suspects are still on the run, their identities unknown. Soeroes described one of the suspects as a 5.9-feet tall man with dark hair. “Both men speak German and have a foreign accent,” the police spokesman said.”
A roadside bomb has struck a tourist bus near the Giza Pyramids in Egypt, killing at least four people and injuring 12 others. Three Vietnamese visitors died when the homemade device ripped through the bus after it was concealed behind a wall, officials said. The Egyptian tour guide who had accompanied them was killed in the explosion at 6.15pm local time (4.45pm GMT) while the driver, also Egyptian, was injured. Another 10 of the 14 tourists from Vietnam were hurt in the explosion while only one without physical injuries.
Besides running an article that the savage murder of the two Scandinavian girls “had nothing to do with Islam”, they also pushed the narrative that sharing of the graphic video of the murder is illegal, warning Swedes not to share the video as that is punishable with up to four years imprisonment.
Scores of viewers complained that SVT was more concerned by people sharing the video of the killing, than they were with the horrific murders, themselves. As well, they failed to mention the ISIS style execution by beheading, instead reported the murder from “neck wounds”.
“Since the beginning of the investigation, several pieces of evidence have been secured,” police said, adding that authorities discovered a torn steel cable and the damaged overhead contact wire at the train track on Sunday. Train operator Deutsche Bahn [DBN.UL] informed the federal police about the incident and local train services were temporarily interrupted, police said. It remains unclear if there is any connection between the Berlin investigation and a similar case in Bavaria where unknown suspects tried to damage or even derail a high-speed train with a steel cable in October.
From January, private individuals in Denmark will be allowed to possess and use pepper spray if they are subjected to an assault. In Sweden, however, it is still prohibited, which means that, particularly women feel more insecure than they would otherwise do. The Ministry of Justice in Denmark states that the purpose of lifting the ban is to increase the security of the citizens.
Danish society, like the Swedish, is plagued by a large number of assault crimes, including personal robberies and rapes, and the need for individual citizens to be able to defend themselves has increased. In Sweden, however, pepper sprays will continue to be illegal. The ban affects women in particular, where the demand for defense spray has increased as assault rape has become increasingly common. For now Swedish women have to settle for other kinds of sprays that are not as effective, or commit a crime by buying pepper sprays illegally on the Internet.
They planned to “kill as many as possible” in a planned bloodbath against the headquarters of the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten over Muhammad cartoons. The convicts have only served two-thirds of their punishment, common for the Scandinavian penitentiary system. Since their sentencing they’ve been moved to different institutions throughout Sweden.
The Swedish Prison and Probation Service report that all of the terrorists had been reported for threats of violence to staff and other prisoners during their prison sentence, with one requiring isolation after attempting to radicalise fellow inmates. Apparently these incidents weren’t sufficient enough reason to postpone their release.
A senior researcher from the National Defence College and a leading expert on terrorism, Magnus Ranstorp tells newspaper Dagens Nyheter: “It is not possible to say with certainty that they will absolutely relapse and become dangerous upon release. But in such crimes there is a great risk of relapse” as they are treated as ‘rock stars’ in their previous environment upon release.”
It has been revealed that all four Islamists living in Sweden and currently aged 37 to 52, were approved for post-release monitoring from Sweden’s Security Service (SÄPO), if they so choose. Two of the terrorists are considered a high risk of relapse according the the Prison and Probation Service.
At first, the boy had helped the woman to carry a massage table home. She started massaging him and, according to the boy, she took the initiative to have sex with him, though he was scared and didn't really want to. When he got home he felt bad and vomited, the Afghan told the police. Later she bought him an expensive cell phone, alcohol and cigarettes and explained that she would "fix a passport" for him. The Afghan said that the 45-year-old had insisted that they should have unprotected sex because she wanted to get pregnant.
In addition to her political commitment, she is also an officer in the Armed Forces. The Afghan says that she showed him her uniform and gun, and that he was afraid something would happen if he told someone what had happened. The woman has now been sentenced to six months in prison for the sexual exploitation of a person in dependence. She will also pay SEK 80,000 in damages to the Afghan.
The 30-year-old Libyan who was charged with a brutal rape of a 9-year-old girl in Malmö earlier this year was sentenced by the District Court for aggravated rape of a child on Friday. The penalty will be six years imprisonment and expulsion, but not for life – after 15 years, he may return to the country. This is what the prosecutor wrote in the document instituting proceedings:
“He lured the plaintiff into a [rubbish]bin room and locked the door. He wrestled her to the ground, hit her in the face, pulled off her clothes on the lower body and held her legs. He strangled her and inflicted a bruise on her neck so that she felt pain and had difficulty breathing. He further threatened to beat her if she did not stop screaming.”
The man, who in media has been called “the father of young children” has admitted to the crime. According to the judgment, he was in the area “to look for a girl to rape, and he did not care if the girl was a child”. He wanted to have vaginal intercourse with her and therefore told her to “open” her legs during the assault.
The Libyan has had permanent residency in Sweden since November 2010. He has three underage children in Sweden and has been convicted several times before of violent and predatory crimes without being expelled.
Police in Mainz have arrested a 26-year-old Syrian suspected of planning a terror attack in the Netherlands. The arrest followed an extradition request by Dutch authorities. The man is under strong suspicion of being involved in planning a terror attack. German courts and the Attorney General of Koblenz will make a decision on the extradition to the Netherlands some time after Sunday.
The apartment in which the suspect was found was not his and searched but police did not give any further details on the result of the search as Rotterdam has jurisdiction. Prior to this arrest, Dutch police announced the arrest of four terrorists in Rotterdam. They were also planning a terror attack.
The Dutch police managed to spoil another terror plot in September, arresting seven suspects in Arnhem and Weert. The men were charged with planning an attack on a large public event. Dutch police found large amounts of bomb making materials, including hundreds of kilograms of fertiliser in September’s arrests.
A journalist in Tunisia – the first country to face the Arab Spring – has set himself on fire, triggering a protest against unemployment and poverty. The case resembles the start of the 2011 Western-hailed revolt. “For our people who have no means of subsistence, today I start a revolution,” journalist Abderrazak Zorgui told his audience in the poverty-stricken town of Kasserine. Calling for people to rise up against poverty and poor living conditions, Zorgui then set himself on fire, invoking the well-known self-immolation of street vendor Mohamed Bouazizi in late 2010.
Zorgui was soon pronounced dead at a local hospital, and his funeral service quickly snowballed into violent protests in Kasserine and other towns. Kasserine, home to 76,000 people, saw clashes between stone-throwing protesters and police who deployed tear gas to disperse crowds.
Almost eight years after the start of the first Arab Spring revolt, Tunisia appears to be far from reaching the goals of the uprising, with people venting their anger at the government which they say is unable to create jobs and defeat unemployment.
Four young men (17-19 years old, two Afghans, an Iranian, a Syrian) on Saturday spent several hours indiscriminately beating up random passers-by. The investigating judge sent the refugees into custody, they were sent to different prisons.
The series of violence began on Saturday at 18.30 clock. At the station, one of the refugees first kicked Nino M. (only 13) for no reason in the stomach, then hit Marco S. (29, landscape gardener) in the face. At the station forecourt the next attack: One of the men is said to have insulted and harassed a girl (17) as a "hooker". When the girl's companions (both 17) intervened, they were punched in the face. In addition, according to eyewitnesses, the asylum seekers are said to have shoved a man down a flight of stairs at the train station.
Another victim (17) to BILD: "They cursed one of us as 'American Inventor' and attacked us. We wanted to run away, but they caught up to us at the traffic light. There were at least six people. Three of my friends were beaten, I was beaten down and kicked." The apprentice came to the Mariahilf Hospital with bruises and concussion. A man who wanted to help the victims was also beaten up.
Then the attackers fled. In the upper Nabburger street, they attacked two other passers-by, injuring them moderately. Immediately thereafter, police captured four men. One of them resisted, insulting a female officer as a "cunt". Amberg Mayor Michael Cerny (CSU) wrote on Facebook : "The judiciary must respond with the appropriate severity and subsequently the asylum authorities and youth welfare services. Of course, it should not be generalized, but on the whole these idiots have done a disservice to peaceful and committed asylum seekers. "
Officers from British Transport Police were called to the station just before 9pm as a man wielding a knife stabbed members of the public. A man has been arrested and two people have been taken to hospital with knife injuries. A BTP officer is also being treated for a stab wound to the shoulder. An eyewitness claims he heard the attacker shout 'Allah', though whether or not the incident is terror related has not been confirmed.
The incident took place outside the Sanctuary of St. Nicholas in Patisia, Athens. When the priest was going to the Sanctuary he noticed that one motorcycle was illegally parked in the garden of the temple. After the priest complained to the Syrian owners about that, both the perpetrators started to beat him. As a result of the sudden attack the priest was injured. Until now the Greek police have arrested one suspect.
As it is every year, New Year's Eve was marked by overflows and many cars were burned. In Paris and in the suburbs the figures are the highest, reports BFMTV.
250 vehicles were burned, including about 50 by the spreading fire, according to the police. A figure higher than last year. Also during this gala night in the Paris region, 197 people were placed in custody for various reasons, reports Le Parisien.
The rest of the province has not been spared by this phenomenon. In Strasbourg, 75 vehicles were burned according to the Alliance police synonymous. Five cars were also burned in Rennes, according to Ouest France, which points out that the night was quieter than last year. In all, across the country, 1,031 vehicles were burned and 510 people were arrested in France, figures up from last year, said Monday the Ministry of the Interior in a statement posted on Twitter.
Police reinforcements had, however, been deployed in certain sensitive areas and wrecked vehicles and garbage containers had been removed for prevention and risk. Last year, 650 vehicles were burned throughout France.
Before and during New Years Eve, the police in several cities in the country reported that they were subjected to rocket attacks by youth gangs. The incidents occurred in connection with calls to predominantly migrant-dominated “exclusion areas”. Now the Police Union is going out with a sharp remark which states that the phenomenon should be classified as “a threat to democracy”.
Rescue services, security guards and the public have also been subjected to the rocket attacks. On some occasions, the police have even been forced to retreat. In no case has any of the perpetrators been arrested. Chairman of the Police Union Lena Nitz, who is also a lawyer, says in a statement that she takes this kind of criminal activity very seriously:
“I believe it is a threat to democracy when those who are to protect and help others are attacked. In addition to causing harm, the attacks also risk hindering and delaying rescue operations”. In surveys, one in four police officers said that they have been subjected to firework and pyrotechnic attacks. “This cannot be dismissed as some boy prank, instead it is an “attack on the rule of law, “Lena Nitz states.
In the future, it will be illegal to sell fireworks to someone who does not have a special permit. The legislative amendment has been largely due to the widespread misuse of pyrotechnic articles in the country’s migrant dense “exclusion areas”. However, the Police Union is not convinced that the law will have the desired effect and fears that the gangs will get hold of fireworks regardless.