Midway (2019)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Midway (2019)

Genre: War, History, Action

Director: Roland Emmerich

Cast: Luke Evans, Aaron Eckhart, Woody Harrelson, Patrick Wilson, Mandy Moore, Tadanobu Asano, Jun Kunimura, Nick Jonas, Etsushi Toyokawa, Dennis Quaid, Ed Skrein, Keean Johnson, Luke Kleintank

Release: 2019-11-08

Plot: The story of the soldiers and aviators who helped turn the tide of the Second World War during the iconic Battle of Midway in June 1942.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I cannot believe they are going to remake this movie. My guess is it will be the same that Pearl Harbor was to Tora Tora Tora.

If you have not watched the original Midway, one of the best movies of all time for WW2 and accuracy, do so.

I wonder how bad they will butcher this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Let's remake The Final Countdown

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Directed by Roland Emmerich" lol. Don't get me wrong, I love his movies, but he's a creator of b grade schlock. He should never attempt something that is serious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"Directed by Roland Emmerich”

1547676309389.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Let's remake The Final Countdown

Best movie ever!

“They’re about to strike the hell out of that yacht! Permission to fire!?”

“You are clear to arm but do not fire. Throw them off. Play with em! But don’t fire”

“Yes sir!”

Complete awesomeness as two zeros encounter F14’s lol that was so epic.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is the filmmaker who gave us the Patriot. I'm sure it will at least that historically accurate. So far he's cast Americans and Americans and Japanese as Japanese. I think that's already better that the Patriot?

Hopefully it focuses on the famous all women’s Japanese Zero squadrons that fought against white devils and misogyny.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
It could be like Overlord but instead a massive hurricane threatens the world and it's near Midway,it's up to both American and Japanese forces to team up and defeat this evil once and for all.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched it because well, it's a movie about the battle of Midway. Don't watch it. Bad CGI to the point some scenes could be from a 2009 videogame, awful pacing, bland cliche characters and computer-generated dialogues. "Well okay but planes, boats and bombs motherfucker, how about that?" Well, most action scenes are dull mostly because of bad CGI and pacing, every bomber misses the target except the last one, also boats drifting like they're in Fast and Furious. Woody Harrelson and most actors didn't do a terrible job but the movie really lacked grit and personality. And let me emphasize one more time about BAD CGI to the point it's distracting and kills immersion.

• 2Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is out on rental services now. It reminded me more of those B grade war dramatizations that I see on streaming services than an Hollywood production. I was disappointed that Emmerich played it straight. I was expecting more shlock and less war documentary. The CGI is pretty bad, so if that bothers you stay away. The sound, real sets, costumes and acting were fine, albeit a little cheesy at times.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This went off the radar super quick, I had forgotten about it.

Then lately I've got Youtube suggesting a vid to watch about this being one of the biggest box office bombs of the year. Oh boy.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database