Misc. Movie News

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think we needed a thread like this for news and stuff that isn't necessarily worth of it's own thread yet, or for stuff in early production. If it's no bueno, then delete.

Anyway I just wanted a place to put this:

Michael B. Jordan Is A Tom Clancy Hero - Dark Horizons

I swear to fucking God that this dude just wants roles where he gets to take a white man's role. John Clark is a 6'4" Irish American, we don't need him to be fucking changed to a black guy. Especially MBJ here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
It is like no one can write a good black character so they have to just keep taking the White characters and making them black I wonder if it's because there's no examples to base them off of

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know anything about that character and even if I did he's not exactly iconic. I really don't care who they cast in this case.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don't know anything about that character and even if I did he's not exactly iconic. I really don't care who they cast in this case.

He was played by Willem Dafoe and Leiv Schriber so far if that kind of lets you know what he looks like.

They wanted Tom Hardy to play him in Without Remorse for a long time but it just didn't work out.

This actor "could work" but the issue with John Clark is that he talks very little and is just an impressive fills the room type character that was a Navy Seal turned CIA wet works. I think that Jordan isn't a terrible choice but I think he will mold the character into a chatty asshole.

For the record Dafoe was the absolute worst actor to play him and he did a terrible job, my criticism is not white vs. black as much as it is the character itself. Tom Hardy would have been the best portrayal of him ever in my opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user