Mobile phone service with Unlimited Standard International Talk & Text?

Brad

Trakanon Raider
I'm Australian, so as you would understand, we get the short end of the stick regarding data and the such.

I have come across this Optus One mobile phone service which actually provides unlimited standard international talk and text to 35 countries which is absolutely fantastic as most of the English or English second language countries are in the list.

I have decided to have a little look around for American mobile phone services which provides similar service as it would be a shame if people overseas cannot call me or others on unlimited talk and text, all I could find is that it only applies to Puerto Rico which is sort of a semi-state of the United States.

Surely there must be a few major American mobile carriers already providing this??

whoo

<Silver Donator>
Verizon does unlimited calls to international land lines from the US to Australia and 70 countries for $15 USD/mo, but does not include texts.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
Err, I meant unlimited without extra fees, your link only shows Mexico & Canada and only to landlines, still have to pay $0.05 per min for other countries. (Still pretty cheap, I admit)

This sort of deal should become more common in the coming years, surely standard with all mobile phones in first world countries by 2030.

The lack of responds has answered my question. It is a bit sad that the US is slow on the up-take :(

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Err, I meant unlimited without extra fees, your link only shows Mexico & Canada and only to landlines, still have to pay $0.05 per min for other countries. (Still pretty cheap, I admit)

This sort of deal should become more common in the coming years, surely standard with all mobile phones in first world countries by 2030.

The lack of responds has answered my question. It is a bit sad that the US is slow on the up-take :(