Monster Hunter Now

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Monster Hunter Now by Niantic and Capcom
Monster Hunter Now

This basically Monster Hunter using Niantic's location based stuff. Think Pokémon Go except you kill the monsters rather than collect them, and you do this with an action based fighting system. Collect materials from monsters and nodes (think Pokestops.. literally... its where all the Pokestops are in Pokemon Go), and use them to craft your gear and weapons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
This game is pretty good. Me and a couple friends at work have been playing it since it came out. Anybody else playing?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I've been playing since launch, but a lot less often these last weeks because the weather here wasn't great.

I like it well enough, but it has terrible monetization. I suppose that's normal for Niantic, but I never played any of their games.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should hear something about that in March, I suppose.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I played quite a bit of Rise. I liked it well enough, but it didn’t keep my attention the way MHW did. I’ve got close to 1000 hours in world, and only 100ish in Rise. I never really considered how the wire bugs made the gameplay boring, but it makes sense now that I’m thinking about it.

I only played the horn, dual blades, and insect glaive seriously. Screwed around with the lance and gun lance some. But, thinking back on it now it does seem like the gameplay heavily revolved around executing the wire bug moves.

Would love a MHW2. Hopefully we hear more about that soon!

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this cell phone game and now I'm downloading World/Icebourne on my PC, dont wanna mess with the ps4 anymore. Guess I'm gonna check out the weapons that I haven't played before. WIll be fun to replay World with the knowledge I have now. I remember whining in the MHW thread about how Polamu was hard and learned about the flash pods from y'all

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Been playing this cell phone game and now I'm downloading World/Icebourne on my PC, dont wanna mess with the ps4 anymore. Guess I'm gonna check out the weapons that I haven't played before. WIll be fun to replay World with the knowledge I have now. I remember whining in the MHW thread about how Polamu was hard and learned about the flash pods from y'all
Did the same, built a lance up and jumped right into arch tempered velkhana for the set I never got…quickly remembered why. Got to put some more time in to learn how to play again…