Monster Hunter Rise

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
World is my favorite game of all time and I never played any of the other ones. I just bought a switch too so this is looking good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Oh fuck me, Switch Hunter? All aboard! I wish I had time for World, but my daughters were born right around the Iceborne release and I was never able to play any of the Post Launch content. But being able to play on my Switch would be phenomenal.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Excited for a new MH but I'm adamant about this one. Is this a continuation of the series or just a Switch offshot? It looks like a worn down version of World.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Excited for a new MH but I'm adamant about this one. Is this a continuation of the series or just a Switch offshot? It looks like a worn down version of World.
50 years since world, the bow moveset looked identical but now you got some kind of whip to pull you around. My guess is they made the aerial game a little more relevant. Who knows though they could fuck it up or just make a better version of world. Either way I am paying attention.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Either going to main change blade this time(never touched it) or
Hunting horn which I have always liked but was never really ideal...looks good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Hunting horn looks really fun this time around, but more than likely I'll go back to the same ol same ol Greatsword. If HH pans out into being a solid overall weapon then maybe.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
HH was fun in Iceborne already tbh. Base world was meh, but just adding the offensive notes and the spin made it really good(also speeding up a bunch of the animations), even not counting the support side of it. The only downside was not being able to cut tails, which made grinding for some things more annoying unless you switched weapons but I tend to like switching stuff up every hunt or so, so didn't mind that.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I loved World which was my first real Monster Hunter too, but I am going to have to wait for reviews for this one. Not cause I don't think the game/gameplay loop won't be good, but I am worried about performance.

Is this a forever exclusive to Switch?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I loved World which was my first real Monster Hunter too, but I am going to have to wait for reviews for this one. Not cause I don't think the game/gameplay loop won't be good, but I am worried about performance.

A leak said it would be coming for PC too, but they probably won't announce that until it's released. I'm holding out for a Switch Pro thing announcement at least, not in a rush. MHW2 or whatever the actual name will be is also most likely being worked on by another team and will definitely be next gen+PC.

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Monster Hunter has been on most systems both handheld and console and they've never had performance issues to my knowledge and I've played every one for the last 12 years.

Not saying this couldn't be a first, but their track record is rock solid.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Twitch event early look for this. Some streamers get to play early access of it, not sure if they will play together. Some have started, some will start in 30 minutes.
A few channels

An extended look of the game

Demo of the game releases today/tonight

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God damnit, why switch. It's a literal piece of shit and I sold mine to Amazon a few months ago thinking there wouldn't be anything worth playing on it until it dies its deserved death. Come to PC please

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
God damnit, why switch. It's a literal piece of shit and I sold mine to Amazon a few months ago thinking there wouldn't be anything worth playing on it until it dies its deserved death. Come to PC please

Someone leaked Capcom's release schedule and it mentioned Nintendo has a small exclusive window for this game(think it's 6 months) then it comes to PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Someone leaked Capcom's release schedule and it mentioned Nintendo has a small exclusive window for this game(think it's 6 months) then it comes to PC.

God let this be true! MHW is the game I have the most hours in via Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MHW created a huge new fanbase for Monster Hunter, I can't believe Capcom would allow themselves to have a new MH title of this quality to be permanently locked to a single platform. It should sell very well on the Switch, but a new MH title for PC would sell even more.