Monster Hunter: World

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got to Diabolos and Rathalos quests now and noticed they go 1 player and no SOS Flare available. Are some quests solo only? I got them down so not an issue really but kinda curious why I could not pick 4 player when starting.

Edit: NM must have been offline somehow? I could join quests but not post 4 player quests. A relog fixed it.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got to Diabolos and Rathalos quests now and noticed they go 1 player and no SOS Flare available. Are some quests solo only? I got them down so not an issue really but kinda curious why I could not pick 4 player when starting.

Edit: NM must have been offline somehow? I could join quests but not post 4 player quests. A relog fixed it.

Yeah that happens. Your online session drops, and you can't SOS.

SOME quests are solo only like you said, OR they want you to spot the monster before calling for SOS if it's your first time with the encounter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I have played MHW and MHR within the last week. I'm sure that most know this, MHW is the better game for multiple reasons, though I think I prefer the MHR combat as Lance/Gunlance. The MHW feels more beefy when landing hits if this makes sense. This has a lot to do with the sound in MHR being pretty shit compared to MHW.

Think I will keep playing MHW with a new character until I hit Fatalis. Not sure I can handle learning that fight again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Just started getting into HR now. How far along am I in the base game now? Halfway story wise? I expect theres lots of post story content that is optional if I want to go Iceborn when thats available.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just started getting into HR now. How far along am I in the base game now? Halfway story wise? I expect theres lots of post story content that is optional if I want to go Iceborn when thats available.
Think HR is basically getting past the tutorial/entry point. Long way to go!

• 1Mother of God

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe a 3rd of the way through with the game. You'll spend quite awhile in HR, and will be in HR for Iceborn. Then its on the MR and however long you want to keep playing.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Maybe a 3rd of the way through with the game. You'll spend quite awhile in HR, and will be in HR for Iceborn. Then its on the MR and however long you want to keep playing.
Jeebus. I thought I had a lot of hours in it already and was almost done. Its fun though so no complaints!

Its tempting equipping the OP starter armor but so far I've crafted my own stuff and been able to take everything down with 1 death at most. Diabolos was the toughest so far I think.

Speed Eating 3 and Attack 6 on the HR gear made a lot of difference. Not sure whats a good set but looked at a guide for pointers on beginner HR skills.

Many guides are 5 years old though and assume you have the pre order charm with Divine Blessing/Attack. I just upgraded my charm to +2 attack, not sure if switching to a Divine Blessing is better?

Is DB like a defence cooldown? Not sure how it works but I suspect its the "you take less damage" popup is DB proccing.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Nice guy that helped me today...

Some fights are damn annoying with constantly charging asshole monsters. Most go down without much trouble though.

Skärmbild 2024-01-26 143512.png

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jeebus. I thought I had a lot of hours in it already and was almost done. Its fun though so no complaints!

Its tempting equipping the OP starter armor but so far I've crafted my own stuff and been able to take everything down with 1 death at most. Diabolos was the toughest so far I think.

Speed Eating 3 and Attack 6 on the HR gear made a lot of difference. Not sure whats a good set but looked at a guide for pointers on beginner HR skills.

Many guides are 5 years old though and assume you have the pre order charm with Divine Blessing/Attack. I just upgraded my charm to +2 attack, not sure if switching to a Divine Blessing is better?

Is DB like a defence cooldown? Not sure how it works but I suspect its the "you take less damage" popup is DB proccing.
Am seeing very fresh guides on the tube popping up recently

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I have played MHW and MHR within the last week. I'm sure that most know this, MHW is the better game for multiple reasons, though I think I prefer the MHR combat as Lance/Gunlance. The MHW feels more beefy when landing hits if this makes sense. This has a lot to do with the sound in MHR being pretty shit compared to MHW.

Think I will keep playing MHW with a new character until I hit Fatalis. Not sure I can handle learning that fight again.

I bought this wayyy back when I had a PS4 and then gave all of it to my nephew and forgot all about it. Picked it up early this week and went through and got to a part where I think the next mission I trap this Magma dude or w/e? But look me up on Steam / FOH / Rerolled group on there if you can find me and Ill join up with you if I can.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

60 hours in and just got to Iceborn. Still got some optional 7 star quests to do but kinda want to check the new content and get some armor upgrades.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iceborn starts off kinda slow, imo, but after taking out it's flagship monster thing open up and the game truly becomes the masterpiece it is.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
60 hours in and just got to Iceborn. Still got some optional 7 star quests to do but kinda want to check the new content and get some armor upgrades.
How did you like fighting the two Bagels? That fight could be such a clusterfuck, lol.

Aazrael

How did you like fighting the two Bagels? That fight could be such a clusterfuck, lol.
I think I lucked out and they only got to tearing each other out once. But yea it was kinda annoying to do that one.

Whats a good starter Weapon tree for MR 1 and up? Using Long Sword and not sure what to craft. Poison was recommended from some videos.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think I lucked out and they only got to tearing each other out once. But yea it was kinda annoying to do that one.

Whats a good starter Weapon tree for MR 1 and up? Using Long Sword and not sure what to craft. Poison was recommended from some videos.
Yeah thats good good then go Nargacuga.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Damn that beetlejuice meme video is fucking spot on. Was minding my own business hunting some lower tier Monsters for material and that fucker kept dive bombing me. Luls.

Crafted some MR armor but having pretty bad decorations suck. Was going to farm that Jagras event but Im too low HR.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Damn that beetlejuice meme video is fucking spot on. Was minding my own business hunting some lower tier Monsters for material and that fucker kept dive bombing me. Luls.

Crafted some MR armor but having pretty bad decorations suck. Was going to farm that Jagras event but Im too low HR.
BG was the reason I always made sure to keep dung bombs on me.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Viper Tobi killed me 15 times I think. Annoying poison monster. First time I died more than once in a fight.