Moonshiners

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So, anyone else watching moonshiners?

Whaddya think, is sheriff chuck about to catch jim tom and the boys? I can't even tell if he's operating in the same area as them. Last season they had me thinking the ABC dork was about to bust tim, but instead they busted someone else.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't watched this season at all, I keep missing it. Did Tickle go legit?

Also...I don't see how these guys can be on the show and not get arrested.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Nah, tim is still trying to go legit. He hasn't made any liquor this season. Tickle tried to make some on his own but umm. He's a fuckup. You gotta catch this season just to see jim tom.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jim tom is the shit. In another thread this show has,been discussed. Turns out no moonshine is being made. Just water. so nobody gets arrested.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
hmm, didn't see it when I searched.

I assumed that was at least the official story. Now, maybe the home videos from popcorn sutton were real moonshine. But there just aint no way anyone is dumb enough to let a big time TV show film them doing something illegal.

How do you like how the morons put an outhouse over their underground still for ventilation? What happens when someone takes a shit in it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh please, those guys are walking disasters. first they build an underground still with next to no planning. then proceed to fuck up every single thing in the process. dumbasses cant even make "moonshine" in the woods.

Brawndo_sl

shitlord
Jim tom is the shit. In another thread this show has,been discussed. Turns out no moonshine is being made. Just water. so nobody gets arrested.
I've wondered about that as well. I think it's possible that's just the "official story" they tell the Discovery Channel crew. All they would have to do is say, "It's just water...but uh...you can't test our water or smell it, it's our property, fack off." Discovery Channel could claim they believed them (even though they knew it was bull shit) and gave them the benefit of the doubt. I find it hard to believe that they are faking everything on the show but I could be wrong. These guys aren't exactly geniuses except for Tim (who made the show). When they do the bubble test and burn the shit, I suppose it could be store bought liquor or at least that's what they claim to protect themselves from the law. The motorcycle guy seems like a legit bootlegger too...I just think he doesn't give a fuck since he's a wandering nomad and figures no one will ever recognize him.

Just my 2 cents.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...l-moonshining/
Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control spokeswoman Kathleen Shaw told The Associated Press in an email Thursday that viewers have asked why the state is allowing a crime to take place. Shaw said the show is a dramatization, and no illegal liquor is actually being produced.

"If illegal activity was actually taking place, the Virginia ABC Bureau of Law Enforcement would have taken action," Shaw wrote.

Earlier Thursday, the department issued a statement saying it would not have participated in the filming had they known how the show would've turned out.

"Virginia ABC agreed to participate in an informative piece that documents the history of moonshine and moonshine investigations in Virginia. Virginia ABC did not participate nor was aware of the false depiction of moonshine manufacturing, distribution and/or transportation in the filming, and would not have participated in the `documentary' had it known of this portrayal," the statement said.

Shaw said the Discovery Channel had been asked to add a disclaimer "but the request was overlooked."

Read more:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2Iy7mBXkE
that was from last season. though its odd because they are still using agents this season.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
They're using a sheriff this season, not an ABC agent.

Regarding the water, I thought something was wrong because I never saw the bubbles or legs they were talking about when they shook the jars, but that just might be because I'm dumb. There was a statement from a discovery channel official in response to that ABC statement strongly hinting that it was real. Something to the effect of them just being documentarians and their footage not being admissable in court? i dunno. But I believe tim when he says he got lots of visits from law enforcement after season 1.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was a fun season. maybe not an especially realistic season, but jim tom and tickle packed in the funny

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So they're having a panel discussion on moonshiners tonight. Apparently these are questions everyone wants to know. Wonder if they will ask or answer the question, "are you really making moonshine on this show?"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I did some research and the authorities have said if there really was ileagle activities going on they would have stepped in by now.

Pretty sure it's all just a farce and they are reenacting what actual moonshiners do and challenges they face.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I missed half this season. Did they ever find the car that went off a bridge, and into the river loaded with shine? If so was that stuff still intact. Wouldn't think so after 50 years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They found it, the shine had gone bad. I was shocked they even found a bottle intact. I think they recovered 2 or 3

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well let me rephrase. on the TV show they found it. if that is reality or maybe they knew where it was and just went there for the show and produced some old looking whiskey bottles i cant say.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I happen to know a few "moonshiners" and i will say people like this are the exact type that make moonshine. Im not claiming the show is legit in any way but i wouldn't be surprised if it was. Also fun note during one of the earlier season episodes in North Carolina i recognized the road they were driving down in Johnston county, i used to visit that supermarket every week.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I did some research and the authorities have said if there really was ileagle activities going on they would have stepped in by now.
TBH, I thought it was all either fake or staged until I saw that quote last year. Add in that the ABC decided not to do the next season, and you can tell they were pissed.

After the moonshiner's summit, I'm definitely leaning towards it being (mostly) real. I'm betting when the law comes knocking, they're just going to say it was water and you can't prove otherwise.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I saw an interview with somebody that lives in their area and they said that while they may or may not be making actual moonshine on the show, those guys definitely have done it in the past.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show sure must be keeping Discovery Channel's lawyers busy. im surprised they havent been hit with any kind of lawsuits yet. i figure if the ABC is pissed they would have tried some shenanigans, i know they went to tim's house after season 1. at least he said thats what happened.