Morrowind Recreated using the Skyrim Engine

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems a little pointless given how great Morrowind looks when modded and how many mods are for it..

But the gameplay mechanics of Morrowind are a little dated given that there's no mana regen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

regret_sl

shitlord
Morrowind definitely feels incredibly dated. You can pretty it up but the underlying tech is (relatively) ancient and you can see the seams where modders have stitched things together. I'm looking forward to this since I missed Morrowind at release for some reason.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Finally a reason to buy Skyrim!

There's a couple of caveats though: to try it, you're going to need a copy of Skyrim, along with either the Morrowind GOTY edition, or Morrowind and its Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions.
Of fuck, I gotta find a disc?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Morrowind definitely feels incredibly dated. You can pretty it up but the underlying tech is (relatively) ancient and you can see the seams where modders have stitched things together. I'm looking forward to this since I missed Morrowind at release for some reason.
You could say....

it was a regret.

rrr_img_52191.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Creators of these big mega projects usually tend to lose interest before finishing. If it does it in fact get released, it could be a lot of fun.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was waiting for a cliff racer to SCREEEEEE from out of nowhere on the trailer. Son I am dissapoint.

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Sorry about the necro, but I guess these passion projects really do take some time. A trailer came out for Skywind last month, and hit my nostalgia hard. Then one came out just a few days ago for Skyblivion.

Looks like Skyblivion is closer to being 'finished', but I figured this is a good enough spot to show both.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
While I am really looking forward to one of these remakes being released I know I'll cheese the fuck out of it and be done in a couple of hours.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Can we VRitize all these? because that would be so much win- SkyrimVR is still one of the best VR exps - esp modded up it looks legit

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Morrowind is my favorite RPG of all time. Was fiddling about trying to install it and get the 4k texture pack just the other day. Thanks for reminding me about these guys. Hopefully it comes out soonish.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit, I created this thread 6 years ago? Forgot all about this, lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
While I am really looking forward to one of these remakes being released I know I'll cheese the fuck out of it and be done in a couple of hours.
I remember when Morrowind came out I was soooo excited that there was finally a single player EQ-style game. Within the first couple hours I cheesed the guards in Vivec (sp?) and got broken OP with no upgrades to look forward to and never really picked it back up. I was my own worst enemy in these open-world/sandbox style games :(

• 1Solidarity

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Morrowind is my favorite RPG of all time. Was fiddling about trying to install it and get the 4k texture pack just the other day. Thanks for reminding me about these guys. Hopefully it comes out soonish.
I bet it'll be another year or two, but these guys are seriously dedicated. There is already a Skyblivion, with Morrowind recreated in Oblivion's engine. Check out their page for the latest version. Skywind will eventually release, but who knows when.

Holy shit, I created this thread 6 years ago? Forgot all about this, lol.
Sorry man, this made me feel old. Necro'ing a thread from 6 years ago about Morrowind, but I guess this is where we are now.

I remember when Morrowind came out I was soooo excited that there was finally a single player EQ-style game. Within the first couple hours I cheesed the guards in Vivec (sp?) and got broken OP with no upgrades to look forward to and never really picked it back up. I was my own worst enemy in these open-world/sandbox style games :(

I actually felt guilty playing an offline RPG and cheesing it to hell and back, but after a few dungeons as an invisible, archery, ninja assassin, the guilt faded. If you play the game (even broken), it's still a masterful RPG and a complete blast. You end up in areas you shouldn't be, and finish the game a few levels early. It's a great experience and you find ways to challenge yourself.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Morrowind was indeed the best of TES games, and IMO is one of the best in the genre. Hopefully they can recreate what made it good. The factions, the in many cases lack of direction which forced you to read what NPCs said to you and try to work out the directions from there. It was really an exploration. If they have map markers and fast travel like skyrim then it's most likely going to suck, because even though you could ignore those features, they will still be there which diminishes the whole experience.

• 2Solidarity

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Morrowind was indeed the best of TES games, and IMO is one of the best in the genre. Hopefully they can recreate what made it good. The factions, the in many cases lack of direction which forced you to read what NPCs said to you and try to work out the directions from there. It was really an exploration. If they have map markers and fast travel like skyrim then it's most likely going to suck, because even though you could ignore those features, they will still be there which diminishes the whole experience.

I agree Morrowind was the best TES game. Skyrim was also very good, Oblivion was not so good. What made Morrowind great for me was the itemization. You want a set of ebony armor? There might only be 1 complete set in the entire game and you have to hunt down specific npcs to get it. It also had better item slots than any of the later games since the inventory wasn't as dumbed down for console ports (though Morrowind did come out on consoles eventually, it was clearly designed for PC). I liked having a right glove and a left glove, for instance, as opposed to gauntlets that take up both hands. There were way more inventory slots available and you could make yourself look pretty unique.