Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sequel to Mount and Blade Warband.

As far as I know no release date is set yet, but there's a whole bunch of gameplay demos on Youtube, and it's looking pretty damn good. I've pretty much played Warband to death at this point with over 800 hours played (thanks PoP and Gejukoku) so very much looking forward to this.

There are more recent gameplay demos including attacking a fort and defending against a siege, but the above one is a good all round demo of how the game is coming along.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Come on, Gore, don't hold back.

[Siege]

[Siege Defense]

[15 Mintues]

Also, MB2 was previously "estimated" as Q4 2016.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The siege looks so good. I hope they retain and improve on the strategic/rpg world map stuff too.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm so hype. Although I hope they make the game much easier to manage once you are King and have a large kingdom. Pendor and Floris kept me going for a long time on the first

Sulrn

Deuces
The siege looks so good. I hope they retain and improve on the strategic/rpg world map stuff too.

From everything I've seen, you've got nothing to worry about. My understanding from listening to dev commentary is that they tried to add more strategic elements to both sides of the house (strategic vs tactical maps) so the game is more than just a graphical upgrade.

Game looks sexy and I want to see more about the improved influence/renown/faction system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wrathin3L

Peasant
I don't know if it's what you were talking about, but there's more factions this time around although no proto-Vaegir.

Map looks like it's 1-2/3'rds bigger.
latest?cb=20160308205931

Devs at gamescon talked about how the renown/influence are currency (similar to Floris, no?). But haven't really expanded on the criminal/justice elements besides "we wanted to give you more to do in the cities besides hunt down the guild master".

38B0F4169B9BAA4C230D5E32946A724BE2B6BD2A.jpg

1024?cb=20160308205931

Last edited:

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I'm just really excited that sieges won't be that stupid one ladder clusterfuck anymore. Shit was retarded.

• 1Like

Wrathin3L

Peasant
I'm just really excited that sieges won't be that stupid one ladder clusterfuck anymore. Shit was retarded.

My biggest gripe out of vanilla MB/MB:W was not being able to keep my archers posted back from the deathtraps stairs while my bash bros took captives every time the AI decided it wanted to take a castle. Having the Siege AI randomly take control every few seconds was lame.

Stairs and Ladders = greatest siege barrier ever erected in Calradia.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm looking forward to the pre-alpha kickstarter backer early access preload sneak peek version of this in 2023.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
I'm looking forward to the pre-alpha kickstarter backer early access preload sneak peek version of this in 2023.

Originally announced for Q4 '16 in some form; Devs at Gamescon it was hopefully "demo/beta" by Christmas.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

You mean you didn't enjoy standing at the top of a ladder spamming the downward swing with a ruby 2 hander, easily defeating a besieging force 10x the size of the defenders?

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The amazing thing about M&B was that despite of shenanigans like siege defense it was still an awesome game. In the videos of Bannerlord it looks like they've got deployment under control. Fingers crossed.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Don't know if there's any truth to it, but there's a rumor that ACOK may have already been given access to a devkit. If that's true it would be an awesome trend to see continued from Xcom 2.

Love Warband so much. Probably my favorite single player game. Engine and mechanics created a unique and fun (if bemusing) vanilla gameplay. Top that off with AMAZING mods, Geko, various remasterings, and finally my favorite, The Last Days...? This is a game I'll be pre ordering.

Having. Followed most updates I have to say it looks like they'll be making a great game that's more accessible (if you have played M&B you'll know what I'm talking about - at first the UI and character progression is cumbersome and I personally made many bad decisions and characters before conquering Calradia) yet will be as punishing and delightful as what they put out years ago with Warband.

Release date on PS4 and I think Xbox(?) has been announced for September.

Guessing PC comes later with deeper features 1Q2017. Get hyped and clear ur schedules!!

Oh yeah, have you heard about the crafting system that be implemented!!??

Honestly I hope they create more meaningful character goals than just conquering the globe. Playing trader, bandit hunter, and bandit while developing your own character story.... =)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I believe the PS4/Xbone announcements were for Warband, not Bannerlord.

• 1Solidarity

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Oh yeah, have you heard about the crafting system that be implemented!!??

Honestly I hope they create more meaningful character goals than just conquering the globe. Playing trader, bandit hunter, and bandit while developing your own character story.... =)

Game is always going to involve global conquest, whether it's for you or for your liege, but I know with the crime/justice elements they are sort of getting there. Maybe as we get closer we'll see if they have other elements with depth - a functioning merchants guild to go with the global economy?

This is old but relevant to your crafting system:

I believe the PS4/Xbone announcements were for Warband, not Bannerlord.

This is correct. They're not even getting DLC (WF&S/VC) IIRC.

• 1Like
Game is always going to involve global conquest, whether it's for you or for your liege, but I know with the crime/justice elements they are sort of getting there. Maybe as we get closer we'll see if they have other elements with depth - a functioning merchants guild to go with the global economy?
This is correct. They're not even getting DLC (WF&S/VC) IIRC.

Yeah, well I love the conquest game of course. Like Skyrim, I've always had a lot of fun playing alts to explore the lesser avenues of the game.

Can't believe they are only releasing warband... Damn lol. I guess I got more time to build a PC though!

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I've started Warband up again with the Floris Expanded mod. It unfucks tournaments and adds a lot of economic features and other conveniences. The game is so good and yet there are just a few aspects that just are just inexplicably bad, most of it in the UI, but the quests, death ladders/tunnels, really need some work too. Nevertheless, I just lose track of time when playing this game.

Anyone heard anything about how to get into closed beta for Bannerlord?