Movies You Can't Remember

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Abyss (1989)

Tagline: There's everything you've ever known about adventure, and then there's The Abyss.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Ed Harris, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Michael Biehn, Leo Burmester, Todd Graff, John Bedford Lloyd, Kimberly Scott, Chris Elliott, J.C. Quinn, Captain Kidd Brewer Jr., George Robert Klek, Christopher Murphy, Adam Nelson, Dick Warlock, Jimmie Ray Weeks, J. Kenneth Campbell, Peter Ratray, Michael Beach, Ken Jenkins, Michael Chapman

Release: 1989-08-09

Runtime: 139

Plot: A civilian oil rig crew is recruited to conduct a search and rescue effort when a nuclear submarine mysteriously sinks. One diver soon finds himself on a spectacular odyssey 25,000 feet below the ocean's surface where he confronts a mysterious force that has the power to change the world or destroy it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Anyone remember this action figure, probably from an 80's movie, that was like a grey skinned skeleton looking dude with silver hair, a silver mustache, and yellow eyes? I think he was wearing a green shirt...like some cowboy garb or something. I was really young, but I associate him with some kind of horror film where rooms throughout a house would take people into different worlds...the one I remember the most is a room that had like huge Redwood trees in it, but it looked more like a jungle than a forest.

May have been a totally different movie, but someone was in the driver seat of a car and these spike things came through his body from the back seat. Some kind of snakey monster shit.

Edit: Found the dude I was thinking of after someone commented on my Facebook. Tex Hex. Still don't know what movie I'm thinking about.

View attachment 148962

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
House 2 ? It's not a movie I really ever understood but I saw parts of it on tv a few times as a kid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Just fyi those action figures look like they're from a cartoon called Bravestarr, before my time but...google.

I was looking for a lot of movies I remembered from when I was kid that I never knew the name of, I remember googling Caterpillar dog to find this one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Just fyi those action figures look like they're from a cartoon called Bravestarr, before my time but...google.

I was looking for a lot of movies I remembered from when I was kid that I never knew the name of, I remember googling Caterpillar dog to find this one.

That's from the same movie I was talking about. Vaguely remember that old creepy dude and the caterpillar dog. And, yea those action figures are from Bravestarr. The one I was wondering about was Tex Hex. Somehow coupled House 2 and Bravestarr together, but I was like 4 when I saw them.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It wouldn't surprise me if there was some relationship or inspiration between that action figure and the villain from the movie. They do look uncannily similar.

• 2Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Alright maybe I did have an ok memory. I definitely remember that dude. Thanks for digging man.

And honestly, the makeup or mask or whatever on that dude was pretty good for the 80's.

• 2Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
If you don't know already you're thinking of Kazaam with Shaq and super imposing the Comedian Sinbad.

There's also Sinbad the sailor/pirate.

However the only way I can actually satisfy your request would be to get Sinbad involved in a production. Guy Ritchie is making Aladin, the most recent appearance I think I've seen Sinbad in is as a cartoon in American Dad, so he might be open to work. Shazam is a super hero in DC so maybe with all the comic adaptions....

Since I'm granting all these requests however, might it just be...

kazaam_a_7302.jpg

sinbad-shazam.png

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Over the years I've watched a few films that I'd seen as a kid and found them to be less impressive than I'd remembered them. Kinda sucks, really.

Anyway, got an actual question here. I can remember one scene from a movie I thought it was pretty cool. An older cowboy film 1950's maybe??

So the scene: Bad guys ( 3-4 ) tie up and rob innocent old farmer and wife who live way out in semi-desert. The main good guy is there with them ( cannot remember the circumstances ) anyways, bad guys take a load of food + valuables etc. They take everyone's guns. There's a big old hunting rifle on a display board above the mantle. Do we take that Boss?? No, its old heavy and useless. Badguys ride off. After several minutes the good guy is able to get loose of his bindings and unties the old farmer and wife. They look out and can only just see the bad guys way off in the distance as dots on the horizon. Points to big old hunting rifle "Does that thing still work?" You bet it does. They get it down and he sets up to shoot from a table to do a massive long distance shot. Loads a big old bullet into the gun. I can remember that he goes to look through the sights and has to lift it up as there's dust and he licks the V of the rear sight. Then takes his time, lines up the shot BOOM! Then we cut to the bad guys and WHIP! in comes the bullet and hits / seriously injures one of the bad guys ( but not the leader ).

For all I know it might be from a well known classic, that I've just never seen again since. But I always thought that scene was really cool.

Szlia

Gamma Rays Gamma Rays I have no idea, but I forwarded the question to an acquaintance of mine who is an expert in the field of cowboy movies! That's a pretty big field though, even more so if you include the TV series / films that I assume it could have been?

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Thanks for taking the effort.

Yeah and also, you could be right in that it might even have been an episode of some TV show.

Szlia

Thanks for taking the effort.

Yeah and also, you could be right in that it might even have been an episode of some TV show.

Bad news :( It did not ring a bell even if, at his latest count, he saw more than a thousand american westerns! (I hope it includes 15min silent ones!). He suspects though that it might be a scene from a european Western, a field in which he is a lot less knowledgeable (Spain and Italy produced a number of Westerns, though I feel those were mostly made a little later like in the '60s and '70s - Sergio Leone, the Bud Spencer / Terrence Hill movies, Sergio Corbucci, etc).

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database