MS Flight Simulator 2020

spronk

FPS noob
been playing on and off on my series X, runs great except for longish (60 secs?) load times - both to main menu and from menu to fly. But once you are in game its smooth as fuck. a bit annoying there is no "campaign", thats really the big missing thing. Still so neat to fly around and fuck around, like exploring Tokyo or The Giza Pyramids or famous European monuments, although you gotta generally download (free) content packs every time you wanna check out something new.

Its simultaneously extremely cool and also extremely boring. So weird. So glad its on Gamepass though, pretty much pays for the entire year of service and i've played so many other games with it. i'll be sad when gamepass ultimately turns into a shit service with shit content like netflix

I flew around Paris just now and my wife was watching and asking me to buzz places she remembered from our last trip, lol

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We messed around with it on the Xbox for a bit. Also did a nice buzz around Tokyo sights for a bit. Then we did a little take off from our nearby airport, flew down 15 to the lake near the in-laws and saw our favorite barbecue place, the family junkyard and even the dock out in the pond on the grandparents’ pond. Was kind of nuts just seeing that level of detail even out in the boons. Husband tried to do a flight with the 747 and for some reason we could not get that big bitch to stop climbing. Couldn’t figure out what we were doing wrong. Is definitely relaxing though but yeah eventually can get boring too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's an awesome tool as a private pilote for landing on foreign airports. You get a real feeling of the place, can do the circuit as they are on the charts.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They could expand this a ton and go full-on Gran Turismo simulator here - more points for better flights allowing you to upgrade your pilots license until you're flying jumbo jets etc. Have you start doing little domestic runs on puddle jumpers and work your way up. Not sure why they haven't added any systems or evolutions to this as that would engage the player a lot more. I played this a ton on release but just got bored. Only so many cool sites to see and planes to fly when you have no progression or anything.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They could expand this a ton and go full-on Gran Turismo simulator here - more points for better flights allowing you to upgrade your pilots license until you're flying jumbo jets etc. Have you start doing little domestic runs on puddle jumpers and work your way up. Not sure why they haven't added any systems or evolutions to this as that would engage the player a lot more. I played this a ton on release but just got bored. Only so many cool sites to see and planes to fly when you have no progression or anything.

Seen any of the stuff like this?

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Does it have the shared cockpit feature?

I miss going into online sessions and entering other people's planes, turning on the fuel dump or cutting a fuel pump, then LOL watching them try to figure out what's wrong when the engines cut out.

• 1Double Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Does it have the shared cockpit feature?

I miss going into online sessions and entering other people's planes, turning on the fuel dump or cutting a fuel pump, then LOL watching them try to figure out what's wrong when the engines cut out.

You should record this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Don't think 2020 has that though cause if it did that would be awesome. Was talking to a friend about doing a pilot/copilot flight and go through the whole startup checklist.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This game is total bullshit. 1800+ hours in and not one ufo.
rockos modern life nicksplat GIF

• 1Worf