Munich

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Figured I would learn a few words before I go in September so I go to youtube

8 seconds after looking at the mongoloid and listening to her take 8 minutes and 32 z's to say hello, i'm worried this is the wrong vacation for me.

Anyway, any must eats/drinks in munich?

Dalc

Molten Core Raider
Wouldn't worry too much about the language. Everyone speaks plenty of English. Learning some basics can help though.

You doing Oktoberfest I guess? Not my cup of tea, too much puke and too many puke covered greasy Italians. Reserve a seat if at all possible.

Stop by the Hofbräuhaus for a beer so you can sit in the same hall as Hitler and contemplate what he would be thinking with all the sand people walking around Munich these days. Note: this place is expensive.

Augustinerbräu and Paulaner Bräuhaus are two other big breweries. It is hard to go wrong here as it is Bavaria; they like meat cheese and beer.

Can check out Munich Residenz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you like that kind of shit. Be warned that tour is pretty long. Felt like 2+ something hours iirc.

I've always preferred smaller German cities(lived in Bamberg, Germany for three years) but Munich is the best "big" city out of all of them in my opinion.

Picasso3

Actually going there (moosberg) for a wedding, we'll be there just before oktoberwest.

Fuck yeah i'll check out munich residenz, I hope i can just walk through and not need the tour. I'll also prob check out dachau and maybe the weihenstaphaner brewery if that's a thing. I drink quite a bit of that.

Gonna be there for 10 days, hoping to do a few day trips.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Weihenstephaner, is like Dachau a bit outside the city, like 3 villages from the airport. Also directly included to an campus of the Tech Univ of M (TUM). Dunno if they offer tours by now unless you are a guest to the university, which would be the only guided tours when i went there, but that was 6 years ago.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Do the city center, I definitely recommend view from one of the churches. Olympiapark is nice to chill in, BMW HQ and the museum is right next to it, but cars are not my cup of tea, so I skipped it. The park along the river is also really nice and if you are into history, all of the galleries are worth seeing, just bring comfy shoes, since I marathoned both Pinakotheks in a single day and ... ouch :D There's also a modern art one right next to them, but that wasn't really my thing.

Oh yeah, drink beer, lots of it.

Picasso3

International plan from Verizon is 40 a month and has 100mb data.

Anyone ever get a European sim card when they go? Since I'm going for 15 days i can see it being viable.