My Dinner With Hervé (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
2.33 star(s) Rating: 2.33/5 3 Votes
Title: My Dinner With Hervé (2018)

Genre: Drama

Director: Sacha Gervasi

Cast: Jamie Dornan, Peter Dinklage, Mireille Enos, Oona Chaplin, Harriet Walter, Jim Sturgeon

Release: 2018-10-20

Plot: An unlikely friendship evolves over one wild night in LA between a struggling journalist and actor Hervé Villechaize, the world's most famous gun-tothing dwarf, resulting in life-changing consequences for both

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's pretty sad dinklage is the entire dorf community in Hollywood. Come on, no other dorfs that can act? Besides Tom Cruise?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was particularly impressed that he got fired from Fantasy Island after demanding equal pay with his costar, which is such a current issue in Hollywood. That was pretty bold move in the early 1980s.
Yes, oh my gosh. And we address that in the film. All of us have times where we feel slighted and he was a huge reason why that show was successful. He would walk down the street and he would get [fans yelling] “the plane, the plane!” 24 hours a day. I know that feeling. Being a dwarf, we tend to stand out in a crowd. I think that probably got to him after many years and felt like he deserved as much as his costar and I completely understand that. But how it’s handled is the trick.
this is a load of shit. Tattoo's only purpose was saying "da plane, da plane". he expected to be paid the same as the star Montalban. you couldnt even understand what villechaize was saying when he did have a few bits of dialogue. wheras Montalban commanded a huge presence with his very well spoken english. get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dinklage is running out of short roles to play. its funny, with rights for gays and people who identify as helicopters. midgets still get no love.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This wasn't half bad. Dinklage was great and while it isn't the most compelling story, it had some nice subtle elements to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I stand by the notion that the only reason Dinklage took roles like Pixels and Badassdom is because it WAS NOT written for a dwarf. The Dwarf factor doesn’t even play into the characters, it’s just another character who just so happens to be being played a dwarf.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ran across this on HBO (Just released)

Peter Dinklage does SUCH a fantastic job in this movie. You'll know who herve villechaize is if you ever watched Fantasy Island or The man with the Golden Gun.

Overall, it's like any other Biopic out there, but the acting here from Dinklage I believe deserves an Academy Award.

DA PLANE! DA PLANE!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database