My Newegg cart...please dissect.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When I built my current PC I started day 1 just buying a mobo/cpu/ram combo that was an insanely good deal (mobo came out to being free). I was like.. yeah, gonna piecemeal this over the next few months.. be responsible..

Day 2 I had ordered every single part in my PC.
I'm considering another case, even though I don't need one, but I've got a bit of a janky install of the cooler on top on my Lan boy air... Do I wanna spend the time researching a proper case that can fit 4x3.5" drives with a comfortable fit of a 240mm cooler, then ripping the guts, fans, etc, only to find something doesn't quite fit? I was lucky the Noctua NH15 fit in my buddy's Corsair 600 case. Quite perfectly, actually.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Build a NAS, get them out of your case.
Got a new case, and a new external raid case to put the drives in.

Swapped the motherboard for the Z370XP SLI and got a second 1080Ti, though will likely trade them for a 2080Ti FE when those come out later this month, because fuck it.

The UltraFast boot takes 3 seconds from power button push to login screen. Jesus titty fucking Christ.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Next time you build something, check out reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace. They have a list of builds by price / performance updated monthly that are really solid.

Here's the direct link.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Next time you build something, check out reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace. They have a list of builds by price / performance updated monthly that are really solid.

Here's the direct link.

Those builds kind of suck. They are all Ryzen based (no judgement against AMD at SOME price points) and the storage recomendations are outdated. The highest end "End All" recomends a Samsung 860 Evo 250gb at $75, when you can get a 970 EVO NVME for $25 more.

Frankly, spend as much as you can afford on Mobo/CPU/RAM as that will last far longer. I got 7 years out of my last "core 3" and only replaced video card bi-yearly. I intend to do the same with my new "core 3"