Nashville, TN

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Will be in SW Nashville in the second week of November. Won't have too much extra time, but definitely would like to hit up somewhere w/ good local beer and food.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
You definitely have to hit up Hattie B's Hot Chicken - Nashville Hot Chicken Restaurant for some Nashville hot fried chicken!

My favorite local beer I tried when I was there was from Yazoo Brewing. I didn't go to a taproom when I was there, but they are definitely featured in many of the local bars. I really liked hitting up BB King's for food/drinks/music, especially if you're not into the honky tonk going on in the rest of the city. Same with the Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar that is nearby--great spot for music and drinks, probably less great for food but I didn't eat there.

But seriously, go to Hattie B's if you do nothing else in Nashville.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I only know a little bit about Nashville. It's from my cross country drive. Here:

When we finished eating, we were ready to start our drive to Nashville. We only had to go from VA to TN for today’s trip After the luck with last night, we’re making sure we hit up the Visiter’s Center at every “final state” we arrive at. Those innexpensiver hotel books we picked up at that the Visitors Center are pretty sweet. Especially if you don’t care about where you spend each night. The drive out here was very uneventful. Nice and sunny day. The only issue with TN that we’ve encountered is that it's a Sunday night and we want dinner. It appears that the majority of the restaurants in this city aren’t open tonight. Well, the exceptions being all of the bars and hipster places We were going through the internet to find a decent place to grab a bite, and we came across this place called Lipstick that isn't a burger place (manami's tired of burgers), and it's actually open on Sunday.

We drove over and walk in. It's a little loud, but there are only 2 other customers here. No problem. We get a seat and are ready to order when a guy comes over. "I'm sorry, we're going to have to ask you to leave." I was confused, we didn't do anything. It seems that there's a dance hall upstairs. That's where all of the people are. On top of that, it's a gay club (that explains the name “lipstick”). We weren't kicked out for not being gay. We were kicked out because people in the club would smoke, and Natsumi was with us, so places that allow smoking after 3pm are now flagged as bars, and you must be 21 years or older to be inside.

The guy suggested a few other places that are open not even a mile away, so we walk to the hipster part of town. They call it Five Points. There’s a pretty crowded pizza place that’s open, so we go there. Can you guess the name? That's right, Five Points Pizza. It was really good. We shared this thing called the Brooklyn, which was a tomato sauce base, then fresh Mozarella (not the shredded stuff), then diced bazil leaves and some olive oil. On top of that, I had a beer. Little Harpeth Bison Bock. It's a Nashville original, but REALLY good. I'll look for this later on.

After dinner we went back to our motel and got some sleep. It was a great day. We noticed that the door to our motel room didn't seal properly. Sure, it kept the heat out, but we could hear EVERYTHING outside. This motel isn’t far from an airport, so our night consisted of constant jets, loud music from cars driving past, and people talking. I woke up a bunch as a result. Oh well, at least there wasn’t any rain today.

Ok, that's the extent of my Nashville experience. But before moving to Hawaii, we thought about moving down there. Signal Mountain area, just outside of Chattanooga. I'm happy to be here though.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I only know a little bit about Nashville. It's from my cross country drive. Here:

Ok, that's the extent of my Nashville experience. But before moving to Hawaii, we thought about moving down there. Signal Mountain area, just outside of Chattanooga. I'm happy to be here though.
Wait you actually moved to Hawaii? Weren't you from Chalfont?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah. Well, I grew up in Southampton. My parents got divorced and my mom got an apartment in Huntingdon Valley then later a house in Warminster. I would toggle between the two every 2 weeks.

Much later when I met my wife, I bought a house in Chalfont. Now I'm in Honolulu, and I sold the house to a couple who were renting directly across the street.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I just watched the Nashville episode of Parts Unknown and jesus christ, man. It looks like Silverlake or Abbot Kinney 5 years ago. Hipster ground zero.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Our hotel was down in the Franklin area, and didn't have a ton of extra time so only made it up to Nashville/downtown one night. We ended up going to Jacks on Broadway. Definitely good, but didn't blow me away.

Tried a couple Yazoo beers; Dos Perros and Sue, maybe another? Sue definitely the better of the two. Also had Mayday 'Evil Octopus' black ipa, Blackhorse Vanilla cream ale, Jackalope 'bearwalker' maple-brown, and Mantra Artison Ales Saffron-IPA. A couple more I think but not sure which. Everything was at least solid and I wouldn't turn any of them down. Sue and the Saffron IPA were standouts.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Monells and loveless cafe are good.

He gets it. Monells is seriously true honest southern cooking and is amazing. Had one in Gallatin for a while and we hit that shit up almost every sunday. I have to be honest... I have absolutely no idea where this "Nashville Hot Chicken" came from. And most of the stuff on the strip is just tourist bait shit. Another place that is a unique Nashville staple is Cock of the Walk near Opry Mills. I think it's a glorified greasy spoon, but everyone around here loves it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If you're looking for decent coffee, the Frothy Monkey in Franklin is the bomb. I think there is one in Nashville, too.

Decent food and beer at the Bunganut Pig.

And you should really check out the Loveless Cafe for the true Nashville experience.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
If you find yourself around this way again Blackhorse Pub & Brewery is located in Clarksville, which is about 45 mins north of Nashville. Monell's is pretty good. I'd recommend Party Fowl on your next trip. Everything down Broadway is pretty generic with marked up beer prices. You are better off hitting different areas around the city really unless you just feel like walking through a giant crowd and crawling from one place to another.

As far as the hot chicken thing goes, haven't been to Hattie B's but I did stop at a place called Bolton's which is a hole in the wall place that also has hot chicken near Nissan Stadium and Jesus Christ, I've never had fried and breaded chicken that hot in my life. No sauce...just absolutely fucking blazing. 312 Pizza and Whiskey Kitchen are also pretty decent pizza joints if you are looking for something different than your run of the mill "southern cuisine" in Nashville. Had I seen this post earlier maybe I could've pointed you in the right direction. Actually taking my wife to Franklin this weekend for her birthday since they have the only Bonefish Grille around here.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
If you're looking for decent coffee, the Frothy Monkey in Franklin is the bomb. I think there is one in Nashville, too.

Decent food and beer at the Bunganut Pig.

And you should really check out the Loveless Cafe for the true Nashville experience.

Stopped by Frothy Monkey before broadway actually. Got a flight of whatever they had on tap and one of the best coffee's I've ever had. Something about mild chai and smokiness, can't remember the name, but it was fantastic.