Naval Action - steam early access starting January 21st

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You and your pirate ship games.

I remember you being into that pirates of the burning sea game. That game had promise but it ended up being shit.

Is this game like world of ships/tanks?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
From their website:
OPEN WORLD PROTOTYPE
We are continuing development of the open world prototype.

Naval Action will feature one of the largest sandbox maps in history of age of sail games. You will be able to write your own story by building the trading or military empires for their nations or guilds. Because game will not have levels or classes you will have full control over your fate and character development.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing with burning sea is that it collapsed for issues that the developers of NA have properly identified (i.e. they agree with me because I'm right) and have already added stuff like trading for profit without finding a player to pay you. Whereas in pobs the retard devs thought you could make a purely player limited economy work while npcs are just decoy. I.e. a huge Spanish galleon would travel from Havana to Trinidad, carrying one barrel of fish.

Luckily for all of us, those devs wrecked their careers over the game and now design facebook games or are uncredited programmers at second rate studios who will never see their name on an AAA title again.

This rant was brought to you by LinkedIn, where these Muppets all have profiles for me to keep track of their failed careers.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Clicked thread expecting a totally different kind of MMO, leaving disappointed.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea I was expecting glorious 16"50cal guns not these paper weight throwers.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing this and have any feedback? Been looking for something new to play to kill time once in a while, and though it looked interesting.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked this up and gave it a try. Im very impressed by it. Ive always said I would play the shit out of Eve if it wasnt for its terrible combat...well this is Eve with better combat. That being said, its still early on in development but Im very much looking forward to the continued development of it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't pick this up yet, it's still a skeleton of a game. Unless you really love getting involved in alpha development....

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
before I code and utube more videos, is there anyone here who even remotely interested in non-trailer gameplay videos?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I gave this a try a couple months ago. I gave up after a few hours and uninstalled it cause I couldn't hit anything (guess I just plain suck at the twitch style naval combat). I swear.. I sailed up to short range and just could not hit a damn thing on those small ships. I got knocked down to 10% health and the enemy was still at 99%