NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Season starts tomorrow

Crown the Cavs

lebronsnewteam.jpg

Also, unban lifelong Cleveland fan Gaige?

Wage

Molten Core Raider
David West out at least 3 games and George Hill and CJ Watson out 2 to 3 weeks. As if things weren't bad enough in Pacerland, Donald Sloan is going to be our only PG for at east 2 weeks.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe the Pacers are just being smart and starting the "Tank while your superstar misses the season" game early. "Guys. We want you all to rest up for next season. So if you feel the slightest little ankle stiffness, a twinge in your back? Let us know!"

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Think the Mavs could be pretty good this season. Tchan back, Monta with another season in the system, JJ, Parsons. Will be interesting to see how quickly they can gel. Spurs look like favorites to me again, but surely one of these season age will finally catch up with them?!

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Last year I predicted the Cavs would get the 6 seed in the East. Boy was I stupid. This year I'm going to be more realistic and only predict that Dion Waiters wins league MVP.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I personally can't wait to see how James Harden has gotten worse at defense this year.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
He was lauded byCoach K and Thibodeau(remember he was JVG's assistant before moving on to da'bulls) this summer for his defensive improvements for the national team.

If it is BS.... he really could not have gotten any worse than what he was last year.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The sad thing is he's so good offensively he's still far and away a plus player. I can't even imagine where he could be at if he put effort into d. Harden isn't in a situation like Carmelo where he's a no defense, low percentage chucker that drains enough fade aways in iso situations it makes people think he's better than he actually is. Maybe it's the stats guys at Houson that made him this way (which isn't true he was like this in OKC too) but James hits the rim and shoots 3s at a great percentage. That's the way to be efficient in the modern day NBA.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Watching this Spurs team is like waking up after a one night stand you barely remember. Oh, hey Manu, yeah I was rooting for you like crazy this summer even though I fucking hate you and your style of play.

Whatever, it was fun and entertaining. I guess I will always hold a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the Spurs since they beat Queen James so bad he quit on a team for the second time in his career.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great game, Parsons had an open look - just missed it. Mavs might be pretty tough in a few months once they've had time to get used to one another.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Chandler Parsons living up to his contract.
5 points on 10 shots.
4 rebounds
0 assists
2 steal
1 blocks