NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious how outside fans view the Knicks moves. I think they're fucking stupid, but everyone here is hyped about D. Rose. I just don't get it, maybe they're just being optimistic but I don't see the Knicks being a championship contending team at all. I'd be surprised if they make it out of the first round.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's about the best they can do considering their predicament. If healthy, they could cause some noise but that's a huge question mark and they really don't have much in the way of assets to get another player that can make an impact. But they put themselves in a decent enough spot to make the playoffs and then try to use that success next year in FA when there will be a ton of talent available.

• 1Cutler

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Curious how outside fans view the Knicks moves. I think they're fucking stupid, but everyone here is hyped about D. Rose. I just don't get it, maybe they're just being optimistic but I don't see the Knicks being a championship contending team at all. I'd be surprised if they make it out of the first round.
They're just kind of in a shitty situation all around. They're not going to be a great team this year and the Rose move is more marketing and hype than an actual basketball transaction. He only has one year on his deal, so it isn't the end of the world.

The smartest thing the Knicks could have done is gone into this offseason with cap room, having blown the team up to build around Porzi. But, it's NYC and Carmelo is still a star there, even if he doesn't deserve that status. I also don't think anyone knew just how good Kristaps was going to end up being, so you're talking about a lot of foresight here that probably just wasn't realistic. They'll have cap space next year unless Rose proves himself to be a max player (so unlikely it's not even a real possibility). But I honestly think the team is in trouble as long as Carmelo is there. He's old, soaks up 1/3rd of the team's cap space and isn't the type of player other stars want to join. This team needs to blow it up and the sooner they do that the better.

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I mean I view the Knicks as a 5-8 seed. They are mediocre. No real shot at a championship with that current team, but they could upset someone in the playoffs.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Have fun with D Rose....he is made of glass and he is a shell of his former self.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
It's almost seems like destiny that D-Rose is going to the Knicks. They've been pulling deals like this the last 20+ years. At least he's not under contract for long, so they can sign him to a new massive deal first, before he blows out another knee.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I loved when the Knicks signed Eddy Curry! That dude was a sack of shit.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I mean I'll always be a Knick fan, but I'd be lying if I said I saw more than 3 games last year.

The primetime match-ups are just more exciting to watch.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's so hard to be an NBA fan in the eastern time zone. All the good games start at 10:30pm.

• 1Ice Burn

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For all the Grizzlies and Kings fans holding out hope, Lebron just announced that he will sign a 3 year, $100 million, contract with the Cavs. Player option for year 3. He will be the highest paid NBA player this year.