NCAA Basketball- Corruption Arrests

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
didn't see a post.. press conference @noon eastern
NCAA basketball coaches, Adidas executive arrested in corruption probe

apparently ~120page charge

A total of 10 people face fraud and corruption charges, including Oklahoma State University assistant coach Lamont Evans and Auburn University assistant coach Chuck Person. James Gatto, Adidas Basketball’s head of global marketing, was also targeted in the probe, as well as financial advisors and managers.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Surprised it took so long...I won't believe it until I see a few teams get the death penalty.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They haven't given a D1 school the Death Penalty since SMU in '87. What makes you think they'll do it now for the first time in 30 years?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
They haven't given a D1 school the Death Penalty since SMU in '87. What makes you think they'll do it now for the first time in 30 years?
Louisville potentially involved. Since thy are on probation now, I'm expecting the death penalty.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
As a huge Arizona Basketball fan, allow me to voice my opinion on all of this:

O0adam.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know. Seems telling to me that only assistant coaches were charged and no head coaches. I'd be surprised if we see the death penalty.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I don't know. Seems telling to me that only assistant coaches were charged and no head coaches. I'd be surprised if we see the death penalty.

With how many people seem to be implicated, I foresee at least a couple ratting others out as soon as the deals are offered. I agree on no death penalty though. If Penn State was able to avoid it then this probably won't warrant it.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Seeing how with Penn State it involved criminal activity from a former coach and nothing involved with the recruitment process or the team, you can't compare the two. That is why with the lawsuit vs the NCAA they decided to restore the wins and cut short the punishments.

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
All I know is fans from every top 25 program should likely keep shut for the next few weeks, their program(s) may be next to come out. This is likely the tip of the iceberg. NCAA is going to have a real mess on their hands, especially if a good share of top programs end up being involved in these types of things (which lets be honest, top programs are top programs because of shady shit like this). This is essentially a widely-known "open secret" within NCAA, but with a body finally with subpoena power, everything will nowbe on record and official.

Grab your popcorn folks, this is going to be fun (and somewhat miserable for people like me, but I'll enjoy the ride I guess). The FBI keeping the NCAA is the dark is also pretty interesting.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Have a feeling Cincinnati will be safe in this one.

• 1Worf

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
All I know is fans from every top 25 program should likely keep shut for the next few weeks, their program(s) may be next to come out. This is likely the tip of the iceberg. NCAA is going to have a real mess on their hands, especially if a good share of top programs end up being involved in these types of things (which lets be honest, top programs are top programs because of shady shit like this). This is essentially a widely-known "open secret" within NCAA, but with a body finally with subpoena power, everything will nowbe on record and official.

Grab your popcorn folks, this is going to be fun (and somewhat miserable for people like me, but I'll enjoy the ride I guess).

100% agree.

On the one hand I'm sad/terrified because my team is implicated, on the other hand, it's going to be one hell of a ride watching these teams get named and the NCAA scrambling to do damage control.

And you're right, this is par for the course, it's the worst kept secret amongst recruiting circles in both basketball and football. Louisville paid $100k for a top 20 recruit, imagine what UCLA paid for Shabazz Muhammed or Lonzo Ball? Last minute gets of top 5 recruits to Kansas? Marvin Bagley to Duke out of nowhere? Gee, I wonder...

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
An old friend of mine is a die hard Oklahoma State fan. Words cannot express the shadenfreude I am feeling.

• 1Worf

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the FBI are starting to raid NBA Agent agencies now. This shit is getting real...

Bill Reiter has a new sports talk show on CBS radio. Said a little while ago that if half of what his connections have told him today is true, college basketball as we know it will be brought to its knees. We shall see.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like the FBI are starting to raid NBA Agent agencies now. This shit is getting real...

Bill Reiter has a new sports talk show on CBS radio. Said a little while ago that if half of what his connections have told him today is true, college basketball as we know it will be brought to its knees. We shall see.

Hope so. It's been a long time coming.