Need a game to play with my kid.

Doubt

Lord Nagafen Raider
Free Realms. Its an MMO from SOE, aimed more towards kids. there is a monthly sub, but plenty of f2p content as well.
15 jobs or so which you can switch between at any time, and plenty of sub-games to keep you busy, from decorating a house, kart racing, pirate boat fights, mining/cooking etc.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I think we're going to try out Orcs Must Die 2, although he's trying to talk me into another Arma 2 license to play some cops and robber mod he's been playing. With the recent GTA publicity, he's been into games with cars but I refuse to let him play GTA. Just a little too much at that age, I think.

lindz

#DDs
The Lego games and Skylanders like others have said. They are awesome games, can't recommend them enough.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Monopoly leads to more violence than GTA ever could.

One of my nephews who is like 5 years old loves TMNT: Turtles in Time. Unfortunately it was pulled from XBLA at some point. I'd go for old Arcade Collections on the PS3 or download some emulators of games. Get some Super Mario World going and stuff like that.

Naewen_sl

shitlord
Super Mario Galaxy. If he doesn't like the platforming or it gets too hard he can use the second wiimote to help you collect extra star bits.

I also absolutely agree with the LEGO games and Rayman Legends.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Might as well start playing League of Legends with him now, at the rate its growing he's going to be a loser if he doesn't have an account with most of the champions at about age 13.

Also Starcraft 2 is now mostly f2p including all the arcade games in which there are a lot and all different kinds.

Team Fortress 2 also f2p and always fun.

And actually Hearthstone isn't a bad recommendation when open beta starts. I was about 11 when I fell in love with Magic: The Gathering, so now might be a good time to get him into a card game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (soon to be Ultra Street Fighter 4)

Time to brush up on that execution bro, gotta get those combos, and 1 frame links down!

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For console i would recommend Lego Starwars and Skylanders.

PC games Trine 2, Magika, and Torchlight 2. We also had a blast with Borderlands 2 if you are OK with PG-13 language.

Oo__sl

shitlord
For console i would recommend Lego Starwars and Skylanders.

PC games Trine 2, Magika, and Torchlight 2. We also had a blast with Borderlands 2 if you are OK with PG-13 language.
Trine 2 is for PS3 too. And yeahm it is a good coop game.