Neil Peart - RIP

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh fuck this, what the fuck didn't even know he was sick.

Learned to play guitar by playing Rush CD's, fuck. RIP.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Heartbreaking. I was dreading the day one of the Rush guys passed. I never even heard a thing about his illness but it’s not surprising seeing how private he was. RIP legend.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
This just sucks. Rush has been my favorite band since grade school. I've seen them more times than I can remember..my wife got me fourth row seats for R40 in Denver. The first CD I ever heard was Signals, I still remember going to a friends house and listening to it over and over. I makes a lot more sense why they quit touring so suddenly and why they were all so fine with it after so many years on the road.

RIP Thunder god!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck. Just soul crushing. Moon, Bonham, and now Peart. Lot of thunder in the heavens now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We lost a shit ton of good musicians in the last few years. Its like the great purge or some shit.

• 1Solidarity

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

Is that hard?
"Yes It's hard"
....still cracks me up. Neil was so quiet comparably, I'm glad he let go a bit and did this.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was unexpected as fuck. This really just bums me the fuck out.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even know he had been battling brain cancer for 3.5 years. fuck cancer

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Huge surprise. Rush is one of the greats in my book. My guitar teacher back in the day is a huge fan and taught me a ton of their material. Remember how proud I was when I learned Cygnus front to back. Glad I got to see them a number of times. RIP.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The documentary makes it clear the Neil liked his privacy, so I'm not surprised he kept his diagnosis to himself :(

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Literally gasped out loud at work when I read this. super bummed out about this. Shit. Shit. Shit.

• 1Solidarity