New Reactions

Archmage Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
56d 23h 51m
Can we get a reaction version of this please, available in screenshots, general and gamergate.

I thought about doing this one along with all the other new ones. It's a good meme and all, but now I think it would be redundant with all of the other negative reactions we have.

Thanks for your suggestion though, I appreciate it :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: Kovaks

chthonic-anemos

<Donors Crew>
Eh, that's a pretty easy one to do 'Teal Deer', I'm just not sure I want it.

The next thing I'm kind of half looking for is a 'Super/Mega Like' for lack of a better term. Along the lines of the Leo Toasting one I did, but that isn't quite right. It also has to be different enough from 'mic drop' to make it stand on its own. Not an easy order to fill, really.
super like? Hmm.
a heart/love reaction?
or FoH shekels like reddit gold
are we too far away from mmo games to use epic/legendary?
animation of masterpiece/magnum opus/tour de force
Ambrosia?
Molly Tibbits father eating a taco!

nailed it

OU Ariakas

Get it ALL together and put it in a backpack
<Donors Crew>
31d 6h 26m
We should have the low quality bait fish for all of our parachuters.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again!
<Donors Crew>
12d 23h 26m
LLR, why isn't the MAGA hat reaction available in screenshots? We got people posting their political memes in there. I don't mind it one bit but some of them need a good maga'ing.

Lightning Fast
56d 23h 51m
So, after some thought, I decided for now to add some of the NPC memes as emojis instead of reactions. The thing with the NPC meme is that it really is designed to wage memetic war against the left, and is that really what we want to do here? I'm not sure about that for FoH.

In the mean time, you can use emojis to quote people here you think might be NPC's, and we'll see how it goes. I went by the template that was posted in the NPC thread, but I only picked what I thought were the most useful ones, instead of all of them. If you have more that you think would work well, please feel free to post them here. Just keep in mind the size of the images (22-ish px).

I'm also still working on some further reactions that I'll post here once they're ready. They're animated so it's taking some time since I'm building them from scratch due to not being able to find exactly what I want from the web.

Lightning Fast
56d 23h 51m
After much trial and error, and some bad ideas including using TNG Data vs Zuckerberg Data-ized, I've finally finished what I think are 2 good reactions to convey true and false, or good data and bad data.

Presenting:

Truthmeter.gif
Truth! - For information that has shown to be true through rigorous fact checking and meticulous research. Or maybe an opinion you find to be unassailable by counterarguments.

Pantsonfire.gif
Pants on Fire! - For lies and fake news of such an obvious degree that they have actually broken the FoH Truth-o-meter we have on display here.

I made these myself, since I couldn't really find animations out there on the web that quite lived up to what I wanted them to be. I intend to put these as a pair in whatever forum that they might fit in, since one doesn't really make sense without the other right next to it. For now that's General, and maybe games and a couple other places.

Let me know what you think.

Lightning Fast
56d 23h 51m
Suggestion: Two new reactions of Morgan Freeman for "He's not wrong you know" and Lebowski for "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole"
These aren't bad suggestions in a vacuum, but I don't think they work here. "He's right you know" is basically the same as like or solidarity, so it's redundant with those unless you wanted to replace them, and they're pretty classic so I don't think that's an option. Also keep in mind that there is limited display space so we really have to be circumspect about adding too many reactions that are either redundant or indistinct.

The Lebowski one if I img search it brings up The Dude with that caption. The thing is, when people picture The Dude, they think of "Well, that's just like, your opinion, man" instead of the asshole quote. So people would see that and be confused due to cross-memeing.

Now, if you want a reaction to call someone an asshole, I've long thought about using emojis for that one. Sort of like :emoji_horse: :emoji_hole:except donkey/jackass (to be added in) instead of horse. Or maybe :emoji_chocolate_bar::emoji_star::emoji_fish:. With an Asshole reaction I'm kind of against it in general because I feel that just cursing someone out is inherently un-creative, and creative insults are far more effective at damaging the target than just cursing them out.

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
These aren't bad suggestions in a vacuum, but I don't think they work here. "He's right you know" is basically the same as like or solidarity, so it's redundant with those unless you wanted to replace them, and they're pretty classic so I don't think that's an option. Also keep in mind that there is limited display space so we really have to be circumspect about adding too many reactions that are either redundant or indistinct.

The Lebowski one if I img search it brings up The Dude with that caption. The thing is, when people picture The Dude, they think of "Well, that's just like, your opinion, man" instead of the asshole quote. So people would see that and be confused due to cross-memeing.

Now, if you want a reaction to call someone an asshole, I've long thought about using emojis for that one. Sort of like :emoji_horse::emoji_black_circle: except donkey/jackass (to be added in) instead of horse. Or maybe :emoji_chocolate_bar::emoji_star::emoji_fish:. With an Asshole reaction I'm kind of against it in general because I feel that just cursing someone out is inherently un-creative, and creative insults are far more effective at damaging the target than just cursing them out.
Yeah, I'm not hung up on the freeman/lebowski elements. It was more that I saw a post that was technically correct and one that I agreed with, but was stated for the wrong reasons, and there was no reaction to use for something like it.

I think it might be more about needing some sort of neutral reaction, or at least something inbetween thumbs up and thumbs down. "approval with a caveat" sort of thing. No idea what could work for something like that though. Maybe a sideways thumb like the Roman "live or die" sort of gesture.

Reactions: Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
56d 23h 51m
Yeah, I'm not hung up on the freeman/lebowski elements. It was more that I saw a post that was technically correct and one that I agreed with, but was stated for the wrong reasons, and there was no reaction to use for something like it.

I think it might be more about needing some sort of neutral reaction, or at least something inbetween thumbs up and thumbs down. "approval with a caveat" sort of thing. No idea what could work for something like that though. Maybe a sideways thumb like the Roman "live or die" sort of gesture.
Maybe something like:

But that's certainly not a very common reaction to something. Trust me there's all kinds of posts that I have a feeling about, wish there was a reaction for, and then sigh as I realize even in screenshots there's nothing really suitable. That's when the search for a proper reaction gif takes over

Reactions: Dom