New World

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Ban anyone with numbers in their name.

You know the worst thing blizzard ever did? No it wasn't the sexual harassment shit or the political silencing, it was allowing fucktards to have special characters in their name so that they can have Łëgolâs the tauren hunter.
I like games where your character name is desynced from your username. Prevents me from having to add an x or something when I miss my name on a server and cuts down on the special character horseshit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

The no-lifers need to be a status symbol for the plebes. But game should still be fun for the plebes as well... which is where WoW has failed.
more or less.

just watched Arch's commentary on this. I've been out of the mmo game for a while.
ultima online, daoc, lineage, lineage2, wow, rift, gw2, wildstar, sw:kotor. and a few others dicking around for limited times. blackdesert, etc, various free betas..

A location/crafting/material based econ is good. one of the best pvp experiences was in wow... fighting over alchemy mats. material based pvp was in Lineage 2 as well.
Materials should be controllable on some level. Although not hard lockouts. like the mine that has 10 iron nodes, can be controlled. but, there are other smaller iron nodes about.. its just way more efficient to control that mine.

The forced faction based pvp in wow is a good element though. in lineage, you are shit out of luck solo. and, then forced into heavy pvp in a guild, fighting for those mats, farming locations.
Gw2, and the like... A guild is entirely capable farming, and supplying its own mats, etc. this is a design flaw. the correct way would be, forced "allegiances" daoc, but probably more random. not everyone being able to just pick the winning team. A guild shouldn't be able to supply the war effort alone. Rando's and casuals should essentially be vassals. Like, say I spawn in hometown x. its owned by guild FOH. this makes me a Vassal of FOH automatically. now, I get a exp boost, and cash boost for selling items to the guild. maybe we take this even further with rep, and other in game benefits. some coded, some more human related. like, if the GM gets notified when I some rando, donate large amounts of base mats. which would encourage the GM to directly thank, or give out gifts themselves in return.

I as a plebe, should feel like part of the war effort, not prey for the guilds, or ignored entirely. I feel most of the mmos totally fail at this. Either the are ignored entirely, or super unfun to play, as you are just a massive target for everyone. (or third option, is the game is just designed for guilds, so solo player just can't ever get anything done themselves, and is super unfun. archeage, etc.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
The intro being after about level 12-15 or so?
I would say 'until after you chose your faction' and the main story quest sends you to see the Hermit. Your starting location will also set a bunch of quests specific to the newbie experience for that region (they still have some work to do here, though), but once you hit somewhere between 8-15 you'll see quests pop up in other settlements and that's your cue that you should be able to travel to them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still keeping myself from playing this anymore before release. Its hard though.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I would say 'until after you chose your faction' and the main story quest sends you to see the Hermit. Your starting location will also set a bunch of quests specific to the newbie experience for that region (they still have some work to do here, though), but once you hit somewhere between 8-15 you'll see quests pop up in other settlements and that's your cue that you should be able to travel to them.

This time around I ran to Everfall from the far south at level 5. Its no challenge avoiding aggro but if you do, its easy to not get hit.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aaaaaaaaand Town Board projects nerfed from 5min refresh to 30min.

Time to find the next not-shit way to gain xp.
The best exp Ive seen so far is to find yourself a roaming group that does invasions back to back to back. I went up 3 levels in about an hour of that. Once you get separated from the horde though, it is insanely hard to catch back up. I didnt have any towers unlocked for one zone and lost them entirely, for example.
Funny how he uses the exact same setup as Im using. The axe and hammer combo is just epic af.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was out hunting Buffalo yesterday. Im just randomly zig zagging all over that area trying to compete for kills, then suddenly I came up on a group of players in the prone position. Had no idea they were there until I was literally on top of them, like you said. I got down with them and sat there for a minute while watching tv and chatting with them. Next thing I know, a few Covenant roll up and start hunting Buffalo, too. Few seconds go by and they apparently had all targeted the same kill order. The yellows went down in a mere few seconds to muskets. Was probably one of the cooler things Ive seen in the game so far. Though just talking about the experience does it no justice. Just gotta see it.

I find it neat seeing people relegate Covenant colors to old time derogatory terms. Ive seen people call Syndicate Nances and yanks. Covenant as yellow bellies etc. Have yet to anything derogatory for Marauders, but Im playing one - so I dont get to see/hear others talk that much. Voice Chat being open is f'n hilarious and I have no idea how they are going to police that shit.

• 1Solidarity

Xerge

<Donor>
The three factions match gang colors. Launch guild w ill be called Grove Street Families

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Gotta say, I'm really liking what I'm seeing with this one. Feels like it's much more of a proper community-focused/interdependent MMORPG the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time.

Not going to play in the open beta, but I will definitely check it out at launch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played enough to get the info I wanted. Wasn't going to grind to max level and/or crafting in a 2 week beta. Just burn myself out when you turn around and do it again a month later. Have to decide on what weapon still. Mostly still learning towards life staff with the downside its not really conductive to solo pvp at all and basically requires you to have people to play with if you want to flag up and run around. I wish they had a focus based secondary weapon. Only stat with just 1 weapon. Hopefully they have some hindsight to do something about faction imbalance. As I can see that getting extremely out of hand, though history tells me nope and its just going to be very 1 sided on most servers.

Expectations at this point are I will play for for however many months until Lost Ark comes out. Fall 2021 is just too damn vague.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'm having about the same thoughts. With the weapon stuff though, on the plus side, you can always change. And at least up til 20, it's free to respec. Not sure what it costs after.

I like life staff too, but it seems like you'll gimp yourself hard as fuck if you ever want to solo.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im going 2h hammer and 2h axe, but I might fux with the hatchet too. Im also going all heavy armor. I hear in PvP its crazy how much better heavy is vs all others when it comes to survival.

We should get some sort of forum guild going for launch and choose faction too. So we all play together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL watching some of the 50vs 50 base fights from yesterday they have some work to do. For one people are claiming that like lv25 dudes get powered up to lv 60 and are like the same power as a dude that IS 60 with all Elite gear on they farmed up. this should not be happening. Whats the point of grinding all that shit if you get absolutely no benefit from it. I understand there needs to be some scaling here, sure I get that. But those lv 25s with green ass weapons should not be doing same dmg and same defenses as a fully leveled up and geared 60. So they got some work on scaling thats for sure.

Also watching some of the fights like WTF is up with the respawns for the defenders? They die and get to respawn like literally right on the points. SO whats the point of killing them in the first place when they just respawn 5-10 seconds later right on the point. They should be spawning inside their base so they have to treck their asses back to the fight and allow the attackers a chance to take the point. I was like WTF is up with this BS when watching that. Either that or make the respawn timers way longer, like 30-45 seconds.

The fight I watched the attackers had no chance because the defenders were pretty much spawn rushing the points for the entire 30 min.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I can't get big enough eyes to eyeroll this. Stop with this BS. Game is more track and field than MMO.
Like I said, that's my experience, yours may vary. I'm playing with friends and doing random shit since it's beta and i'm not sperging to grind quests and level up fast as fuck. I'm level 23.