New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
ACKSHUALLY, there's no bounty system yet. I'm pretty happy with the way it is now. Add a bounty system and it's golden. Muskets should prob be nerfed though.

True. There's the bounty system of sorts for PvE, though, where you get the little slips you sell back to the UI. That's a start?

So you feel the crafting is robust, the economy player driven, the setting interesting and the PvE content fun? Or you're saying you're just happy with the PvP/murder system now and it just needs a bounty system?

Overall, I don't think I've played a more uninspired alpha or closed beta, and that includes Pirates of the Burning Sea. I'm thinking New World just isn't my thing, or whatever, though.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
True. There's the bounty system of sorts for PvE, though, where you get the little slips you sell back to the UI. That's a start?

So you feel the crafting is robust, the economy player driven, the setting interesting and the PvE content fun? Or you're saying you're just happy with the PvP/murder system now and it just needs a bounty system?

Overall, I don't think I've played a more uninspired alpha or closed beta, and that includes Pirates of the Burning Sea. I'm thinking New World just isn't my thing, or whatever, though.

What I meant was I'm pretty happy with the way PVP works right now. I agree, in its current state the game is lacking a lot. But based on what the devs are saying their goals are, and this being Amazon with deep pockets, I'm pretty optimistic. I think others were hoping for a huge world with deep PvE and that sucks if that's what you want. But like I said, this reminds me of UO more than anything - (almost) full loot PVP, player guilds/companies warring as core content, decent crafting/gathering system (hope they expand this), economy will be player driven (not the case right now), player housing/company housing. Looking forward to seeing more PvE content too. Doesn't hurt that the game is gorgeous, either.

In a world of WoW clones, I'll take this game every time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So what is the story here? The spanish arrive to civilize the heathens and instead shoot each other? Or is it natives vs invaders?

• 1Like

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what is the story here? The spanish arrive to civilize the heathens and instead shoot each other? Or is it natives vs invaders?

explorers settling a new land, fighting beasts and earlier explorers turned zombies. can't have natives vs. invaders in 2019, not very PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vedette

<Donor>
Got in the alpha a few days ago, sucks it's already so built up. Apparently the two big factions are CIA/Goons? I got asked my first day which team I was on, and had that "Whatcha talking about Willis??" moment.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I have the same sentiment.

The foundation for a game is here and it’s super polished. It just feels a lot like Albion Online and apart from the warring guilds dynamic, there’s not much depth.

It’s still early though. And I’m not being hopeful. It’s just early.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Got in the alpha a few days ago, sucks it's already so built up. Apparently the two big factions are CIA/Goons? I got asked my first day which team I was on, and had that "Whatcha talking about Willis??" moment.

This just sounds hilarious, stay silent or pick the wrong choice and get killed randomly for having no clue what is going on :p

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Do these factions control land? If so, it sounds more like EVE than UO.

Guilds can build fortresses at designated point on the map and once they do they gain "control" of that area of the map and get access to 1 -2 special resource nodes, depending on the area. I don't remember what the resources are for, I think fort upkeep maybe.

Also, some of these fort-building area are closer or further away from areas you can farm for gear and materials. Basically, the closer to the center of the map you get, the more "dangerous" the world becomes, but your access to rich POI's also increases.

Vedette

<Donor>
Do these factions control land? If so, it sounds more like EVE than UO.

One of the bigger guilds came from EVE. Like TMAC says you get access to a resource, and also higher tier tradeskill stations from the land. That resource is also used in higher teir gear as well.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If PVP is 100% optional a survival type game sounds like fun. My tolerance for PVP is -100% due to MMOs though. Total deal breaker.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
new 22 minute press video for those who haven't gotten in the test yet

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vedette

<Donor>
If anyone on this forum is going solo, you are more then welcome to join up with my guild. We've been in alpha about a week, only about 10 of us, but we have a claim, and most tier 4/5 stations.

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
Dev posted on the forums about the alpha invite selection process. It's completely random. If you really want in, go sign up with a billion accounts. They are "improving the sign up flow" whatever that means.