New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
New World has neolithic gameplay PvE and unconsequential, instancedn queued PvP, if you're looking for a FF14 break your disappointment will be absymal.
Probably. I'm not expecting a second coming of an MMO king. I've played TERA and BDO both, and some aspects to their designs just aren't my thing, so I'm curious to see how much NW will compare if at all. I'm mostly looking for something during my FF14 downtime when I haven't got the urge to log in (and that's exacerbated now, with 5.3 scheduled for August).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuck raiding, shits tired already. I would love some good challenging group content instead.

This. Tera when I played had great single group content, that was VERY challenging. Small guilds were pretty much the best guilds. Only thing that sucked was you really needed your tank and healer to make two characters so that everyone could get their content done. So I had two pimped tanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup. I LOVE action combat in MMO's. Tera was by far the best.
I miss playing Mystic sometimes.

I have hopes that Life Staff gameplay won't be an utter snoozefest as far as the healing is concerned, but the bits from the IGN and MeinMMO videos are hard to analyze in that regard. You get told about one ability that destroys your mana pool (Siphon) but the hp restoration seemed like ass. Being able to create a field to deflect virtually all incoming projectiles seemed fine, though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Having now seen a bit of the stuff in Alpha I'm curious if there will be any noticeable changes between it and the closed beta at the end of this month. As it is I'm looking forward to it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Having now seen a bit of the stuff in Alpha I'm curious if there will be any noticeable changes between it and the closed beta at the end of this month. As it is I'm looking forward to it.
I'll see you there. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Just pre-purchase for closed beta?
Yeah. If you haven't bought anything from the Steam summer sale you can buy it through their store and save another $5 (1 time coupon for purchases over $30). Making it $35 instead of $40.

From what I understand if you buy it through Amazon you are going to be getting a steam code anyway, there doesn't appear to be plans for a standalone launcher.

Xerge

<Donor>
2 more weeks and shit gonna get wild. I can't even focus on a game atm since I know i'm just waiting for this. They capped alpha server pop. to a very low level and rumor is this beta will have much larger servers.

I foresee good drunk pvp times

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
They capped alpha server pop. to a very low level and rumor is this beta will have much larger servers.
before they hid the population numbers it was a 500 cap for the good part of the alpha then a 1000 cap right before hiding the number. only 100 or so people were logging in. the game/map is too small to have more than 1k players.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Launch delayed to Spring 2021, full game beta/demo August 25th for pre-order/beta players.

With our August 25th launch approaching, we have been scrutinizing our feature list, taking input from our Alpha audience, and listening to what they enjoyed (or didn’t!) about the current game. We're incredibly grateful for all of the support and suggestions from our Alpha players, ranging from the folks who spent thousands of hours in New World to those who just sampled -- it's all valuable.​
I’m proud of the hard work the team has done, making the game ready for launch with the features we intended for release. We also have a list of features that we planned to start working on once we were in live development, as that is part of operating an MMO. When we examined the feedback we received over the last several months from our Alpha audience, we saw that players like the game, and they would like to see even more of it. In particular, we want to ensure that the most dedicated players have plenty of middle and endgame experiences as they venture through Aeternum. We want our players to feel completely immersed in the game, and know that our studio stands for quality and lasting gameplay you can trust — and that means added time to get things where we want them before we fully release.​
As a result, we will be changing our launch date - and correspondingly, our final beta test - to spring 2021. We don't make the decision lightly, and we have urgency about getting the game to you as quickly as possible at the best quality -- with some additions that will make the experience even better.​
We’re passionate about the game we’ve been making and want to add more features and content before we share it with a wider audience. As a thank you to our community, we will be providing a special opportunity for our Beta sign-up and pre-order customers (plus our Alpha testers, thank you!) to play the full game of New World - in its current state, for a limited period of time starting on August 25th. We will send an email directly to those customers detailing the process to participate. We’re confident that you’ll feel that the game has as much promise as we do, and will understand why we want to take the extra time to make this experience the best it can be at release.​
- Rich Lawrence, Studio Director​

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
We're writing because an unexpected delay has occurred in delivering the item listed below:

Title: New World - Deluxe Edition

Your new expected release date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
They aren't kidding about Spring 2021.

Real question is what does this mean for Alpha, even factoring in the August 25th "appreciation period"? Still, I'm not entirely surprised but I am glad they had the balls to push it back to have more substance rather than a shallow launch.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah I got that notification and went 'whaaaa???' I can appreciate them wanting to get more of their 'post-release' stuff done before release but right now we have a huge population of people stuck at home. Its like shooting fish in a barrel if you were to release an engaging MMO right now and yet nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Good news for the game imo. you can see my reviews from couple pages ago. They really need endgame contents. I may re-pre-order this time hehe.