New World

Eonan

Doer of Things
It's gonna feature some amazing pendulum QTE events (ping based) where the outcome depends on your reaction and the number of inputs increases with quality and skill level. Your basic sword made from iron at level 5 only requires three perfect swings, while forging deathsword, slayer of things and stuff, legendary sword at the skill cap demands it all from you with one hundred perfect QTE clicks, similar to GTA San Andreas dance missions.
That sounds...awful...

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Oh no, you and your whole group got consumption, an incurable DoT that increases in dmg per tick over time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Oh wow. That preview actually makes it sound promising, with what is hopefully some legit money behind it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chivalry-style combat in an MMO could be pretty fun. Seems like the most appropriate kind of combat for this setting, too.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Here's hoping. The genre needs a big player to come in to actually resuscitate it. WoW is still great, but it too weighed down by its own mass to change too much.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
New World

New website is up and it's touting, "Alpha Soon".

If you hit sign up, you will be sent to an Amazon product page. Apparently hitting "Email updates" registers you for Alpha (you can't see the email option in Mobile format and will need to see it in "Desktop" mode).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
That preview was interesting. I bet this game is going to get some serious hype behind it closer to release. Pretty much everyone is going to try an Amazon MMO I imagine.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think this is the only western MMO that isn't crowdfunded, and Amazon has deep pockets so hopefully it won't be rushed because they run out of money. :)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Do we have any information on exactly why Amazon wanted to get into games? Do they have some sort of integration planned with their other services/marketplace, or is it just for diversification purposes? Or a testbed/showcase for their engine?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do we have any information on exactly why Amazon wanted to get into games? Do they have some sort of integration planned with their other services/marketplace, or is it just for diversification purposes? Or a testbed/showcase for their engine?

Games as an industry only grows every year. Not sure why they dive into the deep end like MMOs so to speak rather than some smaller stuff. But I welcome it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

i think they just eventually want to have their hands in every pot possible