New World

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The game currently is in a shitty in-between state, from the ongoing conversion from a full pvp, to more pve focused game. There's supposed to be doing another preview or test or whatever in late October. Probably be in better shape then. Not that I'm defending it. From what I've seen, while they have a decent engine, their design team is amateur hour.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played quite a bit over the weekend. Was very enjoyable but not going play any more during this test. Could easily burn out on the crafting, running, fetchit thing. Which is a problem for the game when it releases. What is fun in short doses can quickly get old over weeks, months, years. Game is bare bones atm. Solid though.

Love the in your face melee play. Hope that doesn't get too watered down trying to appease the range players.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Life Staff is especially terrible. It seems as though most elites and anyone you might actually want to hurt has an Elemental armor at least 4x as big as their physical armor. Fire staff has more kick and a larger hit box plus the ability to slow down people who get hit. Life Staff can, in principle, heal folk but the amount it heals is soooo low it might as well not exist.
You have to A: invest fully into Intelligence and B: get the nodes under the heal skills as they increase the heal by up to 50% more. When you get all that life staves burst heal can do about 2/3 of a persons health.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Really was hoping to enjoy this but was bored really quickly. Just another disappointment.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm slowly going crazy with how often Windows 10 tells me I need administrator access to change files and settings on my PC when there is only the one user to begin with. I loved Windows 7 and wish it would have never went the way of the dodo. Windows 8 though? ...?

I wanted to play this beta, but I cant be asked to jump through any of the hoops to get an account.
Your UAC options are wrong or, in a more extreme case, your permission structure on the drive got borked. Did the drive you play from come from another PC or a previous install of Windows?

Nothing about how UAC functions fundamentally changed between 7 and 10, your settings are just... off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your UAC options are wrong or, in a more extreme case, your permission structure on the drive got borked. Did the drive you play from come from another PC or a previous install of Windows?

Nothing about how UAC functions fundamentally changed between 7 and 10, your settings are just... off.
Actually, yea.. It did come from another PC. What should I be looking for to change it? A fresh reinstall?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First just try to change your UAC settings. Type "User Account Control" in your search bar and turn it off (Never Notify).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
You have to A: invest fully into Intelligence and B: get the nodes under the heal skills as they increase the heal by up to 50% more. When you get all that life staves burst heal can do about 2/3 of a persons health.

This is a fundamental issue with the stat scaling in the game. Right now it's an IQ check to make sure you only put points into the one stat that can improve your primary mode of attack OR choose to go the Con route for health.

They should consider some sort of point-buy system whereby you get X stat points a level and then can use them to buy more stats with a power law progression that rewards people who diversify their stats just a bit.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is a fundamental issue with the stat scaling in the game. Right now it's an IQ check to make sure you only put points into the one stat that can improve your primary mode of attack OR choose to go the Con route for health.

They should consider some sort of point-buy system whereby you get X stat points a level and then can use them to buy more stats with a power law progression that rewards people who diversify their stats just a bit.

That's the problem they have right now. Fundamentals. Also simplicity.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yea, right now if you're not maining a Staff, it seems going full DEX is the way to go since it buffs Bow, Muskat and Hatchet. The Hatchet is the only form of sustain for melee, and DEX will scale its dmg up almost as well as STR, plus you get the dmg boost for Ranged attacks. In a group with heals though, for melee, the Sword&Shield seems really good. Hammer just seems to be there.

I would really prefer if they ditched the current weapon loadout system, and make it more similar to GW2. Have 2 loadouts instead of 3, which would make it simple to swap and would free up a button for a skill.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Actually, yea.. It did come from another PC. What should I be looking for to change it? A fresh reinstall?
I think the problem is that your user account is not considered the "owner" of all the files on the drive.

Google "How to take ownership of all files on a drive."

Alternatively, nuking the drive completely would be even better. Windows installs are not really meant to be ported from build to build.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Hatchet's 30% lifesteal on kill is just too damn good for solo PvE. If nothing else I found myself swapping to it and chucking a thrown attack at a level 1 critter for the quick heal. Combined with the LMB damage increasing passive IDK what they were thinking.

Gonna try to force myself to only play with sword/shield some more before this preview ends but I really don't want to craft food over and over to sustain.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I found an ?elite? silver border named/quest NPC on a 3minute repop timer that was giving 5x the XP of every other mob in the area (1200 vs 240) which was odd because the other silver elites were only giving around 2x regular (400 ish). Relatively easy to kill as well which was pretty nice.

People were telling me that the Preview has xp rates currently adjusted 3x high than what they were supposed to be which was kind of crazy to think about as the grind was already slow enough as is. The delivery missions that we were exploit stacking last week now give roughly the same XP as that ONE elite mob (1400 compared to 1200) for example with drastically different expected time investments. I really don't know how they were anticipating people were going to level organically or if that was even a thought in this process.

I'm interested to see how they change this game over the next year to make it more palatable. The engine, art assets, and tradeskill system are good, but every aspect of combat and overall gameplay seems to need massive overhauling.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The weapon balance really threw me off. Staffs are really terrible for solo, having to skill shot and long cast times and animations that can easily be interrupted and leaving no room to even dodge, while axe was too much of a broken op beast weapon not to use. I can just see the only meta of axe/shield(fast attacks, life on kill), bow/rifle(synergize with axe/dex), life staff for dash(why wouldn't you take this just for it's mobility skill). Maybe they'll have more weapons? maybe more skill slots? either way with the shared cooldowns, 3 slots for skills, combat seems really limited in that setup, and a weapon like axe becomes why wouldn't you take this to wreck people even with light attack spam in the meantime.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Agree. Game needs a solid 12 months with fresh eyes on the combat system and creative people with ideas.

Cybsled

Vastly slowed down leveling means they have jackshit for content and want to prevent people from realizing that earlier. Kind of like what EQ1 did before people realized raid zones had no loot table and shit only dropped cloth caps.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vastly slowed down leveling means they have jackshit for content and want to prevent people from realizing that earlier. Kind of like what EQ1 did before people realized raid zones had no loot table and shit only dropped cloth caps.
I was still robbing peoples corpses when that was happening. tf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I'm 10 minutes in and "Mike the Dev" has said jack and shit.

He's oddly vague in his responses, given people have seen the existing game. I'm surprised by this. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't to hear him be so closed while talking as itf he's completely open.

Rich and Asmon seem genuinely confused when the dev talks.

Last edited: