New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wish the alpha testers could give out a few invites to other people or something. I'd love to get my group in to actually test content, but I just don't have the heart to play it solo and I sure as fuck don't want to make 'new friends'. Plus we're pretty nolife and fairly good at testing/breaking content in these types of game. Sadly I just have to wait for them to get their invites.

If you played the beta and thought it was too bare boned, don't worry. They're definitely putting meat on them bones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I wish the alpha testers could give out a few invites to other people or something. I'd love to get my group in to actually test content, but I just don't have the heart to play it solo and I sure as fuck don't want to make 'new friends'. Plus we're pretty nolife and fairly good at testing/breaking content in these types of game. Sadly I just have to wait for them to get their invites.

If you played the beta and thought it was too bare boned, don't worry. They're definitely putting meat on them bones.

Nah. I will play as long as dudes aren't going to quit a week later. Need a tank? I gotcha fam. Need a DPS? I tank. Need a healer? I tank.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m going bows and either spear or rapier as of now.

depends on what weapons released between now and then though.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to play the hell out of this until my wife complains. Which gives me at least a couple of days!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah. I will play as long as dudes aren't going to quit a week later. Need a tank? I gotcha fam. Need a DPS? I tank. Need a healer? I tank.
It sounds like you're volunteering to be the target of my Super Siphon. Only gives you 30% mitigation while healing you, as of Preview anyway.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It sounds like you're volunteering to be the target of my Super Siphon. Only gives you 30% mitigation while healing you, as of Preview anyway.

Clearly you have never played with the Big Dawg Brahma. Heals? I need no stinking heals! Threat? My threat is...death! (Get it?). Mitigation? Mofo my mitigation is Johnny Cochran litigation! So yes. I volunteer. I make healers look good.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clearly you have never played with the Big Dawg Brahma. Heals? I need no stinking heals! Threat? My threat is...death! (Get it?). Mitigation? Mofo my mitigation is Johnny Cochran litigation! So yes. I volunteer. I make healers look good.
I don't get the opportunity to say thank you very often for plausible deniability. So, thank you! I'll make sure to pewpew instead of heal.

• 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This is more likely. If your engine is proven to make a successful game *and* you have a team backing it, you now have a reason for thousands of AAA devs to switch off of their revshare options from companies like Unity/Epic Games, and focus solely on making the game. Downside is you're locked into AWS, but it's an upside for some - a lot of companies are already locked in anyways due to EC2 / AWS pricing being super competitive.

There is nothing in the Amazon license agreement that says you have to share revenue with Amazon. You just have to host your gameservers on AWS. However, that pretty much excludes every indie company in itself and smaller, niche games that don't have high revenue.
I can think of all of the smaller MMOs who might have survived or maybe even prospered if they had something like Lumberyard and EC2/AWS around to host their Games on back in the day when it was the Genre of Choice.

Xerge

<Donor>
Just dropping this here for anyone interested -- havn't glossed over it yet myself
edit: reddit link spoiled for size

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that was a lot of info we already knew. You can tell they wanna keep everything hush hush but man...canned answers don’t do you any favors.

• 2Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Looks like maybe they did another round of closed NDA access invites a few people I've heard from got one today.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

late, but i wish too. playing solo in an MMO is just not very fun for me. I can dink around solo for a bit, but after a while im like yeah, lets fire up warzone, or some other co op/multiplayer game.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Interested to see how this is turning out. I had fun on that weekend a while back for what it was.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
late, but i wish too. playing solo in an MMO is just not very fun for me. I can dink around solo for a bit, but after a while im like yeah, lets fire up warzone, or some other co op/multiplayer game.
See, I am the exact opposite. All of my gaming friends are well past the MMO age now, and my grouping is situational. I got so burned out on guilds, etc by thousands of hours in EQ and I have a demanding work schedule. I want to do things at my own pace or push myself and group up with people to get certain things done, drop in, drop out as needed. GW2 was my favorite implementation of that, where it auto grouped people in the area as needed for objectives/events and then we would all go our own way. I assemble and lead groups of people all day as a job. I don't want to do it as part of my leisure activities.

• 1Solidarity

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I will say my performance is significantly better in the current alpha compared to the Preview back in August or w/e. In that test my CPU fans were under heavy load and the sound was pretty unbearable for extended periods of time. Haven't run into that yet in current build but there also aren't many people running around so that might be a factor.

• 1Solidarity

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I will say my performance is significantly better in the current alpha compared to the Preview back in August or w/e. In that test my CPU fans were under heavy load and the sound was pretty unbearable for extended periods of time. Haven't run into that yet in current build but there also aren't many people running around so that might be a factor.
shit used to just shut my damned PC off. lol I would play for about 20 min and pooof PC would just shut down, but since i gotten into this alpha, not 1 shut down.
See, I am the exact opposite. All of my gaming friends are well past the MMO age now, and my grouping is situational. I got so burned out on guilds, etc by thousands of hours in EQ and I have a demanding work schedule. I want to do things at my own pace or push myself and group up with people to get certain things done, drop in, drop out as needed. GW2 was my favorite implementation of that, where it auto grouped people in the area as needed for objectives/events and then we would all go our own way. I assemble and lead groups of people all day as a job. I don't want to do it as part of my leisure activities.
The guys i game with now, dont really have MMO experience a few do, but most like shooter games of some type. I myself havent seriously mmo'ed since i quit Everquest back in like 2009. I've messed with a few but never taken anything serious and never played one for more then a few months if that. My buddies i game with now want to and most are going to buy New World when it releases to fuck around in. I mean its only 40 bucks and im sure i can get my 40 bucks worth it out of the damned game.

1 thing is ill never put hours into an mmo like i used too. I just dont think i have the attention span anymore> I like to play a variety of games and in my mmo days, it was Everquest and NFL2K that was the extent of my gaming. I would have Everquest going on and raiding while i played NFL2K. I was Necro so i didnt have to do much until it was time to fight bosses! haha

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Today we announced the move of New World's launch from Spring 2021 to August 31, 2021. We considered this decision very carefully but need to take the time to add new features, tune, and polish. We are committed to delivering a high quality experience.​
With this launch date, closed beta will begin on July 20th. Please visit our development blog at the link below to learn more about our roadmap and new features such as five-player Expeditions, the 20 vs. 20 Outpost Rush, and an additional territory, Ebonscale Reach.​

Effectively 4 more months of ESO and i'll be moving games. Can't fucking wait.