New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They only have to change the dressing to keep some of you guys ordering the same shit salad. Bon appetit!

How many 4x games are there? FPS games? etc. etc. All the same shit with a different skin. Movies, television, music, it's all the same.

Very. very rarely does something new in entertainment come out. And after it does everyone copies it for decades. If you don't like it then disconnect from the internet and go outside. Oh wait, mother nature made all these different tree species and they all have leaves ARRRGGGHHH.

Try a better troll (one that isn't copied from someone else).

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
They just sent me another invite. Check your mails.
Nada. Nothing. Zero. Bupkis. Naught. Nein. Niente.

Edit: Checks again... Still Zilch, nix, rien, scratch, nil, null, sweet Fanny Adams, empty palms and itchy fingers, no email.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
How many 4x games are there? FPS games? etc. etc. All the same shit with a different skin. Movies, television, music, it's all the same.

Very. very rarely does something new in entertainment come out. And after it does everyone copies it for decades. If you don't like it then disconnect from the internet and go outside. Oh wait, mother nature made all these different tree species and they all have leaves ARRRGGGHHH.

Try a better troll (one that isn't copied from someone else).

The BR explosion after H1Z1(iirc their BR mode came before pubg) and Pubg Was hilarious to watch.

francisbaud

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They've been delaying again to add stuff to the game before launch :
  • a new end-game zone called Ebonscale Reach
  • five-players instanced adventures (dungeons)
  • new end-game mode (Outpost Rush) 20vs20 capturing outposts
  • fishing
  • revamped crafting
  • improved combat
  • quests variety

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They've been delaying again to add stuff to the game before launch :
  • a new end-game zone called Ebonscale Reach
  • five-players instanced adventures (dungeons)
  • new end-game mode (Outpost Rush) 20vs20 capturing outposts
  • fishing
  • revamped crafting
  • improved combat
  • quests variety
Fishing has been in for over a month now.

media: oh the video is old. My bad.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean most people played it back what in august? 6+ months ago. So that kind of info is nice.
I didn't say it wasn't. But we've talked about that stuff already so when I saw the video I thought it was something new. Not bagging on it being posted, I was just confused at first was all.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
yah i wanna know whos asshole i need to fuck for an invite
giphy (1).gif

• 1Worf

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
No need to rush this out of the door at this point, may as well just push it to 2022. Amazon can still publish Lost Ark this year.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
No, they are sinking significant resources into building this world, lore and pretty much everything within it.

like I can’t speak for others and I don’t wanna make promises but everything I’ve experienced in this game is....just so damn good.

You said there is housing/town building? Is the system open world, or instanced?

And in your honest opinion, how 'on rails'/'theme park' is the game you think? Like how ridged is the ---Go to next hub-->Collect Quests-->Do quests--Repeat, until next level? Or is it more open in terms of game play?

Not saying there is anything wrong with that game play, I'm just a bit burnt out on it..Really hoping I'll see another 'world' MMO someday, rather than a really gamey one (Like WoW is a great game even now, but it just doesn't feel like a world anymore). I know its an abstract question, but was curious how much like a polished set of individual games it felt like.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You said there is housing/town building? Is the system open world, or instanced?

And in your honest opinion, how 'on rails'/'theme park' is the game you think? Like how ridged is the ---Go to next hub-->Collect Quests-->Do quests--Repeat, until next level? Or is it more open in terms of game play?

Not saying there is anything wrong with that game play, I'm just a bit burnt out on it..Really hoping I'll see another 'world' MMO someday, rather than a really gamey one (Like WoW is a great game even now, but it just doesn't feel like a world anymore). I know its an abstract question, but was curious how much like a polished set of individual games it felt like.

The chance of that coming from a developer the size of Amazon is just about zero.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think thats how this game was supposed to be originally, but as time went on it pretty much became a hub to hub game. I think its just easier in a way to make it like that rather than a exploration one.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

About the only "non-hub" MMO left that I've been able to find is Black Desert Online. It's honestly the only one which still feels like a "world". Besides shit like classic servers, TLPs, etc. of course.

• 1Like