New World

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Very. very rarely does something new in entertainment come out. And after it does everyone copies it for decades. If you don't like it then disconnect from the internet and go outside. Oh wait, mother nature made all these different tree species and they all have leaves ARRRGGGHHH.
I don't want an entirely new tree, I want the blighted evolutionary branch of pseudo-sandbox games like New World to wither and die to make room for new growth from the same trunk.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that game play, I'm just a bit burnt out on it..Really hoping I'll see another 'world' MMO someday, rather than a really gamey one (Like WoW is a great game even now, but it just doesn't feel like a world anymore). I know its an abstract question, but was curious how much like a polished set of individual games it felt like.
Sorry bro, shit salad is all that's left on the MMO menu. If you don't like the taste of it then get off the internet and eat leaves instead.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So happy for the people in this thread who are playing!!!

secret inside voice:
Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Each time I play it always feels so different, but I am setting up my big boy PC tonight and am excited to jack up all the settings.

I also have been writing fairly lengthy responses about the game when I stop testing so I can only assume that is why I've been a repeat pick since its first iteration.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I don't want an entirely new tree, I want the blighted evolutionary branch of pseudo-sandbox games like New World to wither and die to make room for new growth from the same trunk.

Sorry bro, shit salad is all that's left on the MMO menu. If you don't like the taste of it then get off the internet and eat leaves instead.
I mean, it was one of the best things about EQ was the local factionalization; it made the world seem much more real and large. In this part of the world they didn't give a damn about what happened anywhere else, but only cared about their local/regional struggle.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hopped back in and just looking at some of the changes, I could definitely see this being good to go for launch once dungeons are in. Fucking leaps and bounds since open beta. The combat feels about 200% smoother now too.

Really excited for August. Wish they'd push it to June or July for the kiddies to help populate the PVP pool though.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Still can't get over my issue with their magic system, primarily that there isn't one. They just have Life and Fire staves and by picking one up you suddenly just do magic like wielding a laser gun and figuring out it has a couple different settings.

I'd be on board if they had something whereby at higher levels you got different staves or wands that had different powers associated with them. Either in terms of a different mix of abilities or different elements (Lightning, Ice, Water, Force, Poison, Blood, Light, Darkness, etc).

pew pew artillery and pew pew healing circle are just not doing it for me.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Magic felt stiff and uninspired during the preview. I'm hoping that will change and evolve over time. Assuming it's still the same

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have the other elements, plus death, as motes already in the game. I would also assume they are working on getting at least water and air done, if not death too (before release).

As it is right now, the stats are really wonky in terms of weapon representation.

There state are:

Strength - 4 weapons
  • Great Axe - Str only
  • War Hammer - Str only
  • Straight Sword (only weapon that can also use shield) - Str & Dex
  • Hatchet - Str & Dex

Dexterity - 6 weapons
  • Bow - Dex only
  • Musket - Dex only
  • Spear - Dex only
  • Rapier - Dex only
  • Straight Sword - Dex & Str
  • Hatchet - Dex & Str

Intelligence - 1 weapon
  • Fire Staff - Int Only

Focus - 1 weapon (also increases mana regen)
  • Life Staff - Focus only

Constitution - 0 Weapons (only increases HP)

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Actually really enjoying it. It was initially slow as shit but when you experiment with the other weapons and talents it really opens up. The combat is much better than I thought it would be. I think the chaos of a freshly opened server with pvp enabled would be a lot of fun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why did I just sit here and watch that gif for like 5 minutes straight? tf

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It feels like I'll get a month or two out of it and then probably not play again which was my feeling back in 2019 when I first got to play it.

But from then until now they have definitely made improvements.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think their strength is being able to manufacture updates/content pretty fast. If they've got a good crew always working on the 'next thing' and release them at say the speed of some of the BR's (every month or month and a half) they could do pretty well as content wouldn't get stale as fast as other games that take like 6+ months to add content at best.

The DOWNSIDE is they could Realm Royale it and flip the game around so much with quick changes and updates that they lose the core and upset people who leave before they fix it. Hopefully not the case, but I could definitely see them kneeling to the casual base to keep normies happy. I can't really blame them though, that's how WoW became a monster by appealing to the 1-2 hours a day players instead of the 8+ hours a day poopsockers like me.