New World

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This setting doesn’t interest me in the slightest. Another attempt at putting PvP in MMOs. This will fail too. Smed doesn’t learn.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
The blurb sounds nice, but that exact same thing could have been said about GW2's WVW PVP system before it released.

We need to be very careful to not get our hopes up. Let's not be the battered MMO wives again. It's even more important these days to be wary of the hype as games "journalists" are completely unreliable. That being said... Please please please please be good

At this point I am so battered that I don't even realize I am getting abused, it is just normal now.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Two years later and a few shitty screenshots. Only three more to go before this gets canceled.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Two years later and a few shitty screenshots. Only three more to go before this gets canceled.

If it follows EQ: Next timeline it will need to be 2-3 years into development only to get scrapped and restarted from the ground up a few times before its finally gets cancelled.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The screenshots look nice, at least. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The screenshots look nice, at least. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I thought the same thing and the world reminds me of a luxier PUBG for some reason.

I find my self lowkey interested in how this one turns out; a feeling I haven't experienced in over a decade.

In other news, anyone familiar with this guy?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Fuck you for linking that interview and getting me low key hyped too. I tried to sign up for the alpha but it just takes me to the amazon page that says they’ll email when it’s available.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hoping for an MMO engine that doesn't shit the bed when there's more than a handful of people on screen and can properly utilize more than a few CPU cores.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's gonna suck but I'm gonna play it anyways because I don't know when to stop trying MMOs. Lumberyard is an interesting engine that for a little while they stopped supporting it and making it more user friendly. Looks like they just decided to keep all their updates to inhouse instead lol.

I'm a tiny bit hype. They can throw an infinite amount of money at this game so the technology will certainly be there but I'll save my hype for gameplay.

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We going to get some gameplay videos at some point??
They said they’ll have closed testing this fall so I imagine we’ll have something around then. The interviewer in that 4 min clip said combat was like “Rust and Dark Souls” whatever that means. Also said their original inspiration was Rust with MMO elements.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If it follows EQ: Next timeline it will need to be 2-3 years into development only to get scrapped and restarted from the ground up a few times before its finally gets cancelled.
I mean, Amazon probably spends more on office supplies than Sony Computer Entertainment was worth. I'm not too worried about this getting canned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck you for linking that interview and getting me low key hyped too. I tried to sign up for the alpha but it just takes me to the amazon page that says they’ll email when it’s available.

I thought his interview was really refreshing to watch, because he's not trying to hype anything and makes it sound like they've got a pretty straightforward plan, without being all, "THE NEXT BEST THING!111!1".

That tone helps me have some sort of confidence in the game for whatever reason.