New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
this is not the message of hope I was looking for.

Crushing, but predictable, disappointment.

Yeah, this is not the MMO most of us were hoping for. This is for survival game enthusiasts and maybe the Ultima/DAOC vets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
I lost all interest in this the moment I saw the Guild Wars Roll™ in the pvp vid leak

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It feels very Albion Online at certain points.

Albion is one of my biggest disappointments. Not tot derail the thread for a moment but I was hoping Albion would be a solid filler game until games like this or Pantheon or whatever hit the scenes but it just didn’t have the hook.

Back to the thread, Albion had some good ideas much like other MMOs of late and to come but they seem to drift away from their best parts and miss the mark in too many other places so if they get some influence from Albion, I’m cool with that but it has to have the meat and the hook of the game in tact.

So many games advertise a feature or two that reads good but soon as you start seeing more of it, it’s disappointing.

It’s like a sundae with all the toppings and then you find out that there’s not chocolate ice cream under there but dog turds.... and they don’t want to fix the fact you have dog turds but offer you more or better toppings.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I really liked Albion. Probably one of the few that did. I put all my time into the beta though and never really made much progress on live. The game was simply too shallow. It had all the right pieces for me to enjoy it. Good pvp, territory control, meaningful gathering/crafting. Problem was that the character development was shallow and linear.

Albion was an almost game for me. Almost good enough to stick with, but not quite.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I liked many things about this game in the current state, but some things were just not for me. I enjoy being solo in multiplayer worlds and I get why that is bad.
While possible to do easily, it excludes you from the whole point as it currently stands in this world.
I encountered very few technical issues so it appears pretty stable which is something.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I got into the alpha, so.. check your emails my dudes

They just pushed another "major" update.

They fixed like 350+ bugs, added spears, and modified declarations of war. Doesn't really feel like a major patch, but I guess time will tell.

Let us know what ya think xzi xzi

xzi

Mouthbreather
Can't say too much, obviously. But I'm enjoying it for what it is. I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it based on leaks, but it's better than I thought.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Any updates on this from people who are playing since they expanded the world map?

Haven't logged in for a while and apparently I no longer have access to the Alpha Forums, lol.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any updates on this from people who are playing since they expanded the world map?

Haven't logged in for a while and apparently I no longer have access to the Alpha Forums, lol.

Jan. update was cancelled, they're puttting out dev blogs about an upcoming Feb. update. Message them on social media if you want your forum access back to read the blogs.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Jan. update was cancelled, they're puttting out dev blogs about an upcoming Feb. update. Message them on social media if you want your forum access back to read the blogs.

What if I don't social media?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Man going two weeks before someone responded to the status update is telling...

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Man going two weeks before someone responded to the status update is telling...

I walked away from it when I realized it was just a multiplayer survival game like Ark instead of the MMO I thought it was when I signed up. I imagine many others here experienced the same.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I walked away from it when I realized it was just a multiplayer survival game like Ark instead of the MMO I thought it was when I signed up. I imagine many others here experienced the same.

I think someone, earlier in this thread, predicted that New World was just a way for Amazon to promote their engine.

I’ve already played Albion Online, so I don’t need to continue playing the New World Alpha to get that “something new” feeling. They could still pull it out of the hat, but this game is pretty standard Survival genre.

Having said that, it’s super stable and easy to get rolling...pun intended.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Expanding towards MMOs from survival base builder is interesting to me. Considering stuff like Crowfall seems to be making almost no progress, not sure what other avenues I have to explore.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is looking to be the closest to a modern day UO available, plus it has unlimited funds that can be thrown at it from Amazon. Reading the dev blogs and the Q&A's have me pretty hyped. I never played any of those other "survival" games like Ark or Rust so I can't speak to them. I have a feeling that Amazon will out do them by miles, though. Just give me robust crafting, a player driven economy, an interesting setting, PVP/murder/bounty system, and some fun PvE content and I'm good.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Just give me robust crafting, a player driven economy, an interesting setting, PVP/murder/bounty system, and some fun PvE content and I'm good.

What adjective do you want the PVP/murder/bounty system to be? If you don't care to qualify it like the rest of your wants, and simply hope it exists at all, then you're in luck!

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
What adjective do you want the PVP/murder/bounty system to be? If you don't care to qualify it like the rest of your wants, and simply hope it exists at all, then you're in luck!

ACKSHUALLY, there's no bounty system yet. I'm pretty happy with the way it is now. Add a bounty system and it's golden. Muskets should prob be nerfed though.

• 1Like