New World

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
This is the most depressing alpha I've ever been a part of since Horizons.
You must not have been in the Vanguard alpha then.

My whole guild quit before the game came out, and left me with 15 accounts. I lost one due to telling the CFO of Sigil Games that he was a fucking idiot on their forums. He banned me. I had 14 more accounts to use. Fuck him.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
This is the most depressing alpha I've ever been a part of since Horizons.

Probably spent a good 30 hours in this. BUT.

You can farm people on common routes and steal all their fuckin loots.

This is Rust 2.0 with good graphics.
FUCKING sold! i love that kind of stuff!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’m still logging in every day, have not been ambushed again but you can believe I’m looking over my shoulder and listening for footsteps, so yeah I do like that part of the game. Mostly just exploring and foraging and giving feedback. Need to join a company whenever I can catch someone on.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I’m still logging in every day, have not been ambushed again but you can believe I’m looking over my shoulder and listening for footsteps, so yeah I do like that part of the game. Mostly just exploring and foraging and giving feedback. Need to join a company whenever I can catch someone on.

I'm doing the same. Need company invite as well. Who's organizing this company?

Slap

Trakanon Raider
Are criminals flagged a certain way? I was creeping around an abandoned village and I swear I saw a guy with a battle axe run up and wax a couple other players. I crouched in the bushes till he left

I crawled away and didn’t notice if his character name looked different

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Add more magic and this is a winner. Just let me charm naked idiots with spears.

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Rich Lawrence Executive Producer of New World said:
Hi folks,

As you probably have seen in the various announcement threads, we’re approaching the end of this phase of our Alpha, and subsequently will be going dark for a period of time (months) while we work on some major new features.

This wasn’t a casual decision for the team. There are many factors that make keeping the Alpha live appealing. The MMO audience (that’s you!) are smart, knowledgeable players and you’ve been proving that to us throughout this phase of testing, with great and thoughtful feedback on direction of the game, and finding bugs or edges of gameplay we never expected. This is great and we always want that close daily feedback.

Through your feedback we’ve learned that you really like the game, and you’d like it even more if we added a few things – for instance, more gameplay depth on the PvE side (while still keeping interesting PvP). We heard you and have been prototyping major new features and content internally, but it requires the focus of the entire team to execute with quality and will make some changes large and small across the game experience. To do these without having the feature done and playable would feel disruptive to gameplay. The idea that we wouldn’t have a lot of change to show players for an extended period was the strongest reason to go dark, until we do have that change to show.

With our time we intend to come back with a game that shows the same intensity of our existing PvP wars, but accomplishes that in PvE settings as well. A game with a greater variety in ways to play, and diversity in rewards that we haven’t yet reached in the current version. PvE depth is only one of the areas we are working on to change gameplay – you’ve given us other ideas to improve, but we don’t want to promise features we haven’t built confidence in prototyping yet, so we’ll hold on details for the moment.

Large features take time to get right, but please know our goal is to get New World back in your hands as quickly as possible. Not because of the proverbial “time is money” consideration – that’s certainly true – but more importantly because we know our game improves dramatically when we’ve had time to test it with you as players. Thank you for your time and feedback so far and we are excited to show you what we’re working on in the coming months!

- Rich Lawrence, Executive Producer of New World

This is a good sign imo and the exact opposite methodology of vaporware like Star Citizen and Pantheon.

Prioritize getting your game mechanics, physics, bugs, etc. playable.

THEN make sure the game's fun to play. If it's not fun, then pivot until it is, which should take considerably less effort if you don't have to focus on also making your game playable.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Interesting. I'll have to see what they add. I had just chalked it up to a game that wasn't for me after playing a few hours. I don't really care about crafting and gathering, and prefer mostly pve with pvp as a side thing. Probably still won't be my thing after the update but hopefully it becomes more compelling for others.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm just not having any luck with an alpha invite, guess I'm being punished for being a terrible Amazon customer.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
just got an email saying Alpha is coming to a close June 3rd! err this phase of alpha. My bad.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The game has loads of potential. I guess I have PTSD to the point I'm just waiting for them to mess this up or listen to a bunch of squeaky wheels that refuse to walk uphill time to time. It's number one of my list of upcoming MMO's but then again, it's not really running a race with loads of competition.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So skimming through posts, it sounds like this game is fun from a tactile perspective (as in things like running around and fighting/interacting with the game mechanics are enjoyable). It also sounds like most people agree this game has potential.

Is it fair to say the number one concern for most people right now is lack of content? If so, that's great news

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is a good sign imo and the exact opposite methodology of vaporware like Star Citizen and Pantheon.

Prioritize getting your game mechanics, physics, bugs, etc. playable.

THEN make sure the game's fun to play. If it's not fun, then pivot until it is, which should take considerably less effort if you don't have to focus on also making your game playable.

I would agree this is probably the correct way to use an alpha. Test stability get actual players input then go dark look at what people were saying figure out what you can and what you want to do then do your next test period rinse repeat until the game is what you want it to be.

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
So skimming through posts, it sounds like this game is fun from a tactile perspective (as in things like running around and fighting/interacting with the game mechanics are enjoyable). It also sounds like most people agree this game has potential.

Is it fair to say the number one concern for most people right now is lack of content? If so, that's great news

Yeah, that and some of the combat needs to be fleshed out. Healing magic is the only magic in the game. It was often times OP, but will it be when offensive magic is in game? Honestly I quit this right when Selo's launched and it was super fun. You would screw around during the week, and then have massive PVP battles on the weekends for territory. I would make a sizable bet with anyone that this game will end up being a bigger hit then Pantheon.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess I got the invite to this in March... I don't remotely have the time for it right now but I hope I do sometime later.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

well, people have said its rust 2.0 and that game doesnt have alot of content, but alot of people play the shit out of the game. If its a PVP survival game like Rust, Just Survive kinda game and its polished and fun! its going to be a hit.