New World

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I don't think a car VR game is going to happen until a car company feels secure enough in their technology that they don't have to tell you to keep your hand on the wheel while the car is driving.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I don't think a car VR game is going to happen until a car company feels secure enough in their technology that they don't have to tell you to keep your hand on the wheel while the car is driving.

Granted, we're still in the baby steps of automated driving. The current iteration of it has only been around for a handful of years. But I really only brought it up because I believe thats going to be when VR picks its developmental pace up significantly.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stimulating VR entertainment while in a motor vehicle is soooooo far down the road of future extravagances, way further than the first big VR MMO.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I agree. VR will not be the first thing, it will be large TV screens first, maybe the entire windshield turned into a big screen through the use of projection, kind of like they project the tachometer and speedometer right now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They had those in Daybreakers, and I could see that. Likely the best/cheapest option at first. But if that was the case, I just dont know why auto makers would be setting up entire wings dedicated to developing virtual reality platforms for their franchise.

xzi

Mouthbreather
hm, is it gonna be at the game awards thurs then? countdown has 2 more days left on it so maybe

Haven't played the game in a long time but enjoyed it when I did. Probably still under NDA I imagine.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
New World was enjoyable, especially for a game in Alpha, and has a lot of potential. It has a ways to go though. It doesn't have a real good hook just yet and I'm not sure what would keep me playing for years or at least months. We'll see. For the sake of the genre, I hope we have several good installments release.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Would love to hear some updates on how things are going. Ending of Alpha left me feeling hopeful, and that rarely happens.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just seemed like a glorified minecraft to me, which I don't hate but I'm hoping for more.

Vedette

<Donor>
Just seemed like a glorified minecraft to me, which I don't hate but I'm hoping for more.

How far into the game did you make it?

We had a lot of fun, and joined a large guild after grabbing 3 of the northern claims after one of the wipes. It was interesting to see the strategy that was used at that level, and the massive pvp battles that would happen on the weekend.

It's a survival mmo. You ran out of stuff to do after about two weeks, except for pvp. Supposedly, they are adding more content. Still, I have to imagine a large part of the endgame will always be pvp.

I really hope they announce an open beta.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It is not your traditional MMO but I like what I saw in alpha, pretty soild. Definitely planning on playing it when lives.

Closed Beta start in April 2020, you can pre-order to get access now

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Trailer just came out, it says May 2020. Since Closed Beta starts in April, only last a month?

Last edited:

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just announced on the Game Awards it's coming May 2020. Available for pre-order now.