New World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hope not. Each region needs to have obvious advantages to make it desirable. High level politicking is a game not many will be playing.

I don't particularly understand why Amazon of all people would try to push box sales so much when they clearly have cash to experiment for however long they want. Having little information is a good and bad thing to me. While we are used to companies spilling their guts about their product at the same time rampant datamining really kills the wonder of an MMO.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah if there was one company i wasn't worried about just pushing a game out fast to sell boxes/pre-orders then w/e, it would be this. They should have funds to do anything they want. I think my main worry is do they have a direction they want to go. From everyone I talk to the game took a massive change of direction already during alpha, so I can only hope they found the direction they want to go.

All I can really hope for I guess is a chance to play it before release just to see if I would enjoy it before spending money.

Pops

I think if you pre-order on Steam, you get into a beta and can cancel at release.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Have you seen this officially confirmed? If the beta is through steam then it's going to trip the 2 hour rule for refunds

Well, you can also pre-order directly through Amazon, though I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work since you'll need to install and launch via Steam either way.

Khane

You guys all dream so small.

Khamerica.

Also I pre-ordered through Amazon for science to see if you can get into the closed beta and then refund your order.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
9F76CAAB-4940-4893-86C6-17BF6BB61140.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Says it in the articles listed that the town expands based on the projects completed. Using the articles example, you start with no forge > Build a small forge > Medium Forge > Large Forge > Industrial Forge. Where Im quite sure that the forge isnt going to continuously stay the same plot size in that case.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Someone who definitely isn't me played the alpha a few months back, apparently this thing is terrible and I can't see any reason to actually play it

Khane

They have essentially redesigned the entire game since the last alpha (or so it seems). I had no real interest in it before these latest updates came in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Someone who definitely isn't me played the alpha a few months back, apparently this thing is terrible and I can't see any reason to actually play it
Yes the alpha was terrible and boring and bland. They reworked it to add some pve stuff.

• 1Like

Harkon

Vyemm Raider

Great thanks for that comment that not really mean shit all without specifics.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The city building and siege stuff reminds me of shadowbane. But in a pvp siege they actually destroyed at least a part of your city.

The problem with a system like this is eventually a guild over performs in land taking and since no one wants to be on a losing side, gobbles up most of the people on a server.

But the best in shadowbane was later, after they fixed the game, the wars between europe/america/china.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They talk about the NPC factions being able to raid your city too. Given history this never works as its just some stupid little thing that is no threat and turns out to be nothing. But man if a company could do it right and you had to watch for npcs raids there were actual threats plus players, would make it a bit more interesting. Especially if the former was just random whenever and not a set time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Game needs compelling pve over pvp for this game to work.

Just like it always did.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users