New World

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
PVP is opt-in now ...

So far that means almost nobody opts in.. maybe Live will be diff.
The game was designed for open world PvP, I personally don't want to play open world pvp MMOs, but the game lacks in many areas due to the original design path.
I think they're trying to make up for it with implementing a bunch of new things, we'll see how it pans out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I never felt like I could just "relax" in a PVP MMO. You cant do anything in the entire game "mindlessly", and expect to be safe. Yet every PVP MMO I've ever played is filled to the brim with mindless activities. I'm not saying they arent fun to play, because sieges, skirmishes etc. are all great. But the rest of the time, the game f'n sucks. Especially if you start the game, or server, late. That's why we had different genres pop up that basically isolate the fun parts of a PVP MMO. I played the hell out of "For Honor" as an example.

I'm just saying that making a PVP MMO game may "seem" like fun to a lot of people, but if you look a the market... peoples wallets definitely say otherwise. The design philosophy of New World changing, even this late, is just an obvious choice.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Guy streamed alpha to twitch for a bit

skip to 10 min in.
part 2

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never felt like I could just "relax" in a PVP MMO. You cant do anything in the entire game "mindlessly", and expect to be safe. Yet every PVP MMO I've ever played is filled to the brim with mindless activities. I'm not saying they arent fun to play, because sieges, skirmishes etc. are all great. But the rest of the time, the game f'n sucks. Especially if you start the game, or server, late. That's why we had different genres pop up that basically isolate the fun parts of a PVP MMO. I played the hell out of "For Honor" as an example.

I'm just saying that making a PVP MMO game may "seem" like fun to a lot of people, but if you look a the market... peoples wallets definitely say otherwise. The design philosophy of New World changing, even this late, is just an obvious choice.

I agree with this pretty much, but the counter argument is Black Desert. It makes boatloads of money and is a PvP mmo. Although, if you want to avoid PvP in BDO it's usually pretty easy and they have a ton of mindless pve things to do.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree with this pretty much, but the counter argument is Black Desert. It makes boatloads of money and is a PvP mmo. Although, if you want to avoid PvP in BDO it's usually pretty easy and they have a ton of mindless pve things to do.

The difference between PVP in BDO and Dark Fall is night and day. Who knows, Amazon could have pulled it off perfectly - but the redesign states otherwise.

The PVP in BDO was fine with me. Between the level that you can start PVP in BDO, the way AP/DP works in PVP etc... Lets just say the PVP wasnt what caused me to quit that game. As much as I liked that game when I started and was leveling up - I only grew to dislike it once I knew the disadvantage of my chosen class in loot drops, raid boss design, and upgrading that loot became apparent. Otherwise, the game is addictive as hell. I'm under the impression from the friends I made in BDO that Crimson Desert is going to be right up my alley and Im pretty excited about that.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they are working fine now. At some point they were displaying unavailable when I first tried.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's still very buggy atm. If they released it now as a "beta" they would lose a ton of potential business.

Even though most of us here know what a beta is, gamers nowadays think a beta is a "finished" product.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I logged in last night (been 33 days since playing, figured Id see whats new), yea, lots of bugs. Logged in under the world, quests bugged, can't continue the primary quest chain.
Beside all that, I have some serious reservations about the game.
Those vids above were the noob area after you just start, past that, the game takes on a whole different feel.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That doesn't sound like a game that is supposed to be released in a month...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They also haven't sent out the guaranteed beta invites to pre-orders yet. All they've said was they go out in April. April 1st would have been nice, but no word and who knows if it will be April 30th.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The newer stuff I've seen makes me want to play this, after most of the original released info for this made me completely disinterested. Knowing I'm going to be stuck inside for the next 3+ weeks, makes me really want to break my no preorders rule, and get this.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
^ way too early in alpha

there is pre-orders you buy, and this isn't one of them yet.