New World

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
According to the email I got 2 days ago, the current state of the game is alpha not beta. FYI 🙂
1586220625756.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Games still in alpha and is pretty pox in its current state. They got a long way to go for a mmo. People might like it if they are more survival inclined.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's in beta, and has a scheduled release date of May 26 2020.

That's what they keep telling me.

What's wrong with saying there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Nothing, besides it not being true.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
That's what they keep telling me.

What's wrong with saying there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Nothing, besides it not being true.
That's where you are wrong kiddo. Imagine the world grinding halt when the Iraqi Flu comes.

Xerge

<Donor>
New dev. blog post today.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Got this email:

New World Website

Learn more

Newsletter
Launch Date Delay
We have made the hard decision to delay the release of New World until August 25, 2020 and the start of Closed Beta to July. Like most of you, our entire team has been sequestered as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic. While we are still making great progress, developing an ambitious MMO like New World remotely has introduced some challenges. As a result, we’ve chosen to delay the game’s release in order to reach our quality bar as we work remotely for the foreseeable future.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah I just got the 'your pre-order delivery date has changed' email from them. Not surprising but very impersonal. Glad they posted elsewhere as well.

Xerge

<Donor>
25 more mins

skip to 20 min. mark for town stuff. At the end he types into chat what's NDA. Lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I just do not see the appeal of a survival crafting MMO, unless much has changed since I played the closed Alpha

• 1Salty

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just do not see the appeal of a survival crafting MMO, unless much has changed since I played the closed Alpha

Like.. 80% of the game has changed since you played. Feel free to read the last few pages?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got this email:

New World Website

Learn more

Newsletter
Launch Date Delay
We have made the hard decision to delay the release of New World until August 25, 2020 and the start of Closed Beta to July. Like most of you, our entire team has been sequestered as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic. While we are still making great progress, developing an ambitious MMO like New World remotely has introduced some challenges. As a result, we’ve chosen to delay the game’s release in order to reach our quality bar as we work remotely for the foreseeable future.

BUT ITS ALREADY IN BETA?!!

Forsh

Silver Squire
Is this an MMO that Amazon plans to support for the long haul? The time investment players can sometimes make in MMOs can be pretty substantial so I don't want to get into something they plan to half-ass.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
No one knows. They've delayed release which is good as I thought May was crazy from when I played and they apparently changed a whole lot since then.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this an MMO that Amazon plans to support for the long haul? The time investment players can sometimes make in MMOs can be pretty substantial so I don't want to get into something they plan to half-ass.

They got cold feet and changed 80% of the game this late in the delevopment. My prediction is a Star Wars Galaxy style clusterfuck, rather than a healthy and sustainable game.

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
They got cold feet and changed 80% of the game this late in the delevopment. My prediction is a Star Wars Galaxy style clusterfuck, rather than a healthy and sustainable game.

Yeah I played alpha twice, and I hate it now. This game was a strong contender for #1 survival mmo. It still needed a lot of work, but the core mechanics were solid. Now, it's some halfass sandbox style MMO. It doesn't have enough PVE content for that crowd, and will flop hard. Also, with the lotr mmo coming out, are they really going to have competing products in the same genre?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TESO minus the polish and storyline and solo questing experience

Sounds like a real winner.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
That's really too bad.

I didn't have any hopium for this game, but it would be nice to have a competent mmo, even survival crafting, that didn't flop.

I'm always leery of PvP in a game that isn't specifically built for it. It's a content crutch. Always.