New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wasn't meant to be this way but because animation cancelling is baked into the engine and can't be changed to much

You know they removed animation cancelling, because they believed the skill gap was to high?

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
You know they removed animation cancelling, because they believed the skill gap was to high?

Just logged in, animation cancelled bow aoe with block. What the fuck is a 90k parse WITH OUT animation cancelling? You need to weave your light attack every 1 second or you won' hit your optimal parse, which means you need to, wait for it, animation fucking cancel the light attack.

What? We play the same game?

Last edited:

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have an extra closed beta key so I can check this out before the July stress test? :)

I'm an idiot nm :)

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
New video today. A lot of generic mmo spin. Most notable for me was looking at the various UI parts and definitely feel like there will be a min. required crafting for endgame.

• 1Like

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
definitely feel like there will be a min. required crafting for endgame.
Like everything else in the game, all crafting is easy enough to solo. Game is more solo play than group. You can pretty much be a master in all crafts/gathering skills in a short amount of time, a month or so. This is not a game that you are going to want to rush through. Anyone can tag whatever you are fighting and also get exp and loot, no real reason to group, at this point.

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Some gameplay

edit: go to 7:50 for player using a musket with a purple shot

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
IMO, this game needs endgame contents. It would have to be 3 faction RvR in PvP, or raiding in PvE. 50v50 castle siege between guild simply won't cut it.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck raiding, shits tired already. I would love some good challenging group content instead.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fuck raiding, shits tired already. I would love some good challenging group content instead.

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is just going to be one of those games I'm going to have to play just to see if I like it or not. That video was boring af, though. Nothing really riveting, or intriguing. Really nice visual landscape and NPC's though. Someone already said it best from what I have gathered - the games going to launch like ESO and need several patches before its actually got enough content to warrant playing it.

• 1Like

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is just going to be one of those games I'm going to have to play just to see if I like it or not. That video was boring af, though. Nothing really riveting, or intriguing. Really nice visual landscape and NPC's though. Someone already said it best from what I have gathered - the games going to launch like ESO and need several patches before its actually got enough content to warrant playing it.

I still think this is a trial run for the new LOTR MMORPG that Amazon is doing.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I need a change of pace, with FF14 having its content delay, so I might sell my soul to Amazon to try out beta. I've been very curious after researching NW and watching all the videos and reading the articles laying around.

It looks and sounds very nice, but yeah the features don't win points for originality at this point.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I need a change of pace, with FF14 having its content delay, so I might sell my soul to Amazon to try out beta. I've been very curious after researching NW and watching all the videos and reading the articles laying around.

It looks and sounds very nice, but yeah the features don't win points for originality at this point.

New World has neolithic gameplay PvE and unconsequential, instancedn queued PvP, if you're looking for a FF14 break your disappointment will be absymal.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Slap

Trakanon Raider
Has it changed a lot since the last beta?

all I remember doing is chopping down trees and picking up rocks

Xerge

<Donor>
Anyone looking for a WoW/FF14 replacement from NW will be disappointed -- Ashes of Creation will be the new hotbar MMO king. NW will take a serious chunk from BDO and TESO. Anyway about 3 weeks now and the masses will get their hands on this and that's really what needs to happen at this point.

it's also a great time to open up a new world for people to fuck around in. WoW is boring af to actually play and ff14 is just gonna do what ff14 does

• 1Like