New World

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game's gonna get delayed and changed so many times it'll end up being a First Person Shooter set in modern day central america where you play Narcos vs Drug Cartels by the time it launches in 2035.
This is vaporware. Change my mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Hello Adventurers,
New World is currently under development. Alpha Test Phase 2 ended July 12th and our forums are currently closed. But we will invite you back soon!

August 25th Preview Week
We are proud of how far New World has come, and we feel we have a strong foundation to build a game that folks will enjoy for a long time. On August 25th we will have a Preview Week where Alpha Testers, Beta Signups and anyone who Pre-ordered will have access to New World for one week. This week of gameplay will not be under NDA. Our hope is everyone will join us, play a ton, share their experiences openly, and provide us feedback on how you’d like to see New World continue to grow. Stay tuned to our website and social media for more details.

July 30th Density Test
In preparation for the volume of players who will join us for the Preview Week in August, we will be running a Density Test on July 30th. Our goal is to stress test the servers, force them to a breaking point, and collect critical data. So please keep an eye on NewWorld.com 65, our social media channels (@PlayNewWorld) and your email for information on how you can help us break things. This Density Test will be under NDA, after all, we will be purposefully breaking things.

Alpha Test Phase 3
We will be running an Alpha Test 3, but we have not announced any details on timing, tester selection, etc. We know this is very important information and we will post an announcement as soon as our plans are locked.

Thank you again for all your support, we look forward to seeing you on July 30th!

• The New World Team

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
It's good it's being delayed. When I played it, it was bad. Very very bad

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Agreed... when I played it, I felt some early game polish but it slowly dwindled and I could not see any sign of anything that would keep players long-term. It's not bad but during the 2-3 phases I played, I couldn't see many people staying much longer than 30 days.

I haven't kept up with it much after that because it felt they need to work on the other half of the game so I may just be no longer in the know.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
You're invited!

In preparation for the New World Preview on August 25th, we need your help to stress our servers to ensure stability at scale in a Density Test hosted on our US server beginning on Thursday, July 30th. While the Density Test may only run for a short window of time, please come help ensure our servers are ready for the New World Preview.

Schedule
- Day 1: July 30th, starting at 2PM PT – Complete the tutorial and reach a settlement
- Day 2: July 31st, 6PM-9PM PT – Complete missions to reach level 10+ and select a faction
- Day 3: August 1st, 1PM-4PM PT - Complete missions to reach level 20+

Please keep in mind that the New World Density Test is a confidential testing release that is subject to the pre-release NDA in the Amazon Games Terms of Use. Please do not disclose content from or information about the game or this Density Test in any form. If you do, you will be removed from the Density Test.
As an Alpha Test participant, your Steam account that you played the New World Alpha Test on will be automatically granted access to the Density Test starting at 2PM PT on Thursday, July 30th.

Thanks in advance for helping us prepare New World servers for the upcoming New World Preview.​
- The New World Team​

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
To piggyback on that: the servers will be up beyond the listed times in what Tearofsoul Tearofsoul posted, but they come up at 2pm on Thursday:

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No queue for meeee... :(

1596144299228.png

Xerge

<Donor>
Managed to get through a prologue and couldn't get world data, booted t o char select, and now it's 1500 queue on Pondscum -- low pop. I wonder what the medium pop status queue is like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Also on PondScum. Managed to get to the same point RE: world data and am now back in a queue. 2624 and counting.

Octave

Trakanon Raider
They've turned it into a theme park. Really disappointing because it had a lot of promise as a sandbox.

There's just nothing exciting about running from quest to quest like it's a job.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So it's Guild-Wars. Run around using your weapon to get skill with it and unlock all your abilities within the first few hours of playing and then it's all DAOC-like stuff.

Don't care for the targeted abilities and that whole arcade-style combat. Not sure what I was expecting, but this ain't it.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Biggest chance they had was being first to market vs. AoC. There's zero hype behind this game now so unless the August 30th non NDA streaming week gets a lot of big streamer exposure I don't see this game being more than Neverwinter-tier.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The aiming mechanic makes Magic straight-up garbage. If you are really careful you can accomplish with magic what a sword wielder can do while facerolling.

The actual abilities are just total horseshit as well. The UX for them is bad and the overall reward is actually negative. You are less of a glass cannon and more of a glass pillow tosser.

• 1Worf

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Yeah without going too much into specifics, it really felt like magic was very underpowered compared to melee in PvE content especially in terms of an effort/reward ratio. I've heard on other forums that 1handed Sword was also trashing other specs in 1v1 because of gap closer.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The aiming mechanic makes Magic straight-up garbage. If you are really careful you can accomplish with magic what a sword wielder can do while facerolling.

The actual abilities are just total horseshit as well. The UX for them is bad and the overall reward is actually negative. You are less of a glass cannon and more of a glass pillow tosser.
They should borrow from ESO on the aiming magic shit.

Argarth

On the verandah
How on earth did they go from Beta > Planned Release date >>>>>>> back to ALPHA and ~ 1 year delay? Surely, it must be destined for the scrapheap.