New World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
During a pandemic? No tech companies are working from a studio in person, and if they are, they aren't in the US and certainly not in California. Thus they can get away with paying someone $75k+ to stay in Buttfuck, Kentucky that may have a CS degree to work on their games without having to give up their culture and safety. Plus all Amazon tech jobs have a 150k signing bonus right now.

Why not SD? Look outside. Tell me how many people have masks on. In a part of the US like Pennsylvania that has COVID under control more than California, there's still like 80% of the idiots around this suburban town I am in not wearing masks despite 100+ cases of COVID per day. Now imagine California, which has a shit ton more people condensed in one city like San Diego / Los Angeles.

Then tell me it's safe to have people come into an office and do a job they can do from anywhere in the world at 85% efficiency but half the cost of a San Diego salary.

You might get some 9-5 person that works in San Diego or California due to having no choice in the matter by owning property there that no one would want to buy or rent, or talent from all across the US that costs less and is actually interested in working and loves games. It's a no brainer to me to get the latter than the former.

I'd say this is why Daybreak can't find talent to work for them, in the same respect - they assume that after COVID that people will actually want to work for them in person, and remote working is a 'temporary restriction'. Anyone who cares about their personal safety would not work at a company like that.

Don't get me started on the dumbass people that live in California in high amounts. It's quoted by conservatives as a 'liberal paradise' - yet they have gender reveal parties there that take out a few hundred acres of land.

If anything, this pandemic has taught me that some people are stupid, some have always been purposefully stupid, and when you ask them to use their brains during a pandemic they cannot. So moving to California, for me personally, is out of the question. I imagine anyone in the games industry who still wants to endanger themselves by being in California is desperate for work, let alone moving there to get new work when companies like Amazon let you live like kings in Shitfuck, Montana and live way beyond your means.

Remote work is here to say for at least another year or two, and I hope the trend of remote work lasts past the pandemic.
If this pandemic is any indication, it doesn't matter who you are.
Nor what field of work you are in, or what your income is like, or what sexuality/gender/race/political affiliation/zodiac sign/nationality/culture/religion you are.
None of that matters if you're a fucking moron and unfortunately the world is full of smart people that act like morons.
I appreciate your insights!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

• Per weapon cooldowns - Provides more options in combat and makes weapons selection even more valuable:
    • Each weapon will now have independent cooldowns, meaning you can use all 3 abilities on your hatchet and then switch to your warhammer and use all three of its abilities.
    • Weapon switching is sped up enabling you to more easily switch between weapons and create combos between them.
  • You can now dodge roll without stamina after being stuck in multiple consecutive reactions.
  • Abilities interrupted or canceled before the active frames of the attack will no longer be on cooldown.
So macros then. Got it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, at least they didn't expand weapons to 5 skills. I think you either go 3 skills no shared cooldown or 5 skills each and a small cooldown. Hopefully they work ahead of 90% of MMO's and figure out what the "insta-gib combo" is and prevent it from ever existing. I remember playing Guardian in GW2 when it came out and you could just do some Sword bullshit into some torch/offhand bullshit and just kill anyone except maybe one class. It's like classic WoW Rogues and their sword spec bullshit. Just bad design when there's just a wombo you hit to kill anyone once every 30 seconds.

Xerge

<Donor>
Sharing they implemented a working threat system is funny but good anyway. I'd definitely try an updated build

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I may actually try it again. I had no interest in the game in its previous state. The two things I gave a shit about, the weapon swapping/skills and...tanking look to at least be looked at.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Maybe if they implement weapon tiers / types of weapons that you can use only after you have mastered a previous weapon. There's only so much you can do when you learn all the character powers within the first couple days of playing. Anything after that ends up being just more complex fire-dodging and mario skills.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe if they implement weapon tiers / types of weapons that you can use only after you have mastered a previous weapon. There's only so much you can do when you learn all the character powers within the first couple days of playing. Anything after that ends up being just more complex fire-dodging and mario skills.
Replayability has much more to do w utilizing a fun skill set in an infinite number of scenarios. Suggesting a learning curve gives people something fun to do is treadmill thinking.

There’s a reason MOBA’s have such high replayability w static scenarios and skill sets.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is not a MOBA. Some people enjoy playing the same game over and over and over and over... others want some variety. Its why we don't all just play Chess.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This is not a MOBA. Some people enjoy playing the same game over and over and over and over... others want some variety. Its why we don't all just play Chess.
I didn’t say this is a MOBA.

I’m suggesting that, within variety, mechanics that have replayability are the most fun.

The only people that level weapon skills for fun are poopsockers. And most people still don’t do it even when there’s an achievement attached to it.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd prefer the skills level naturally as you take on content.

If you have to skill grind I'm not sure that's something that was too popular outside of Darkfall which had a handful of players.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Ugh, leveling was grindy enough already and extremely repetitive. Nobody wants to do 500 of those town tasks.
  • Progression Changes - Reduced the speed of leveling and increase the relative value of questing XP .
    • Reduced the XP players get from Corrupted Breaches
    • Reduced the XP players get from killing creatures
    • Reduced the Weapon Mastery XP required to level up weapons by 25%, to compensate for the lower XP from killing creatures
    • Reduced delivery missions XP & rewards

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So is this game actually looking legitimately good now? Was hearing they might've turned it around? Did the first alpha, and it was alright but very much still a survival crafting game at that point.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So is this game actually looking legitimately good now? Was hearing they might've turned it around? Did the first alpha, and it was alright but very much still a survival crafting game at that point.

It was OK. It was missing a few obvious things that it looks like they are at least trying to get in the game, like threat. It also wasn't very optimized.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It wasnt that bad. It has issues sure and the biggest one is they need to decide what kind of game they will be and how they will keep their players engaged. They haven't done themselves any favors constantly switching the focus of the game, just throwing money and time away.

Could be they just don't care either, and using this whole thing as testing grounds for their engine and other games.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Considering it was more survival oriented from the get-go, Im unsure why its being showcased now? Other than that, is what we see here really that hard to implement? Or rather, does it really take that long to code? (ie. With that engine and how things are defined, its a nice touch with little to no work imo)

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gw2 didn't ricky my pickle, any ways to get into the beta or whatever of this?