New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Except we see actual progress with this.
This is the first actual day they’ve announced without saying fall, spring, or whatever.

I knew they would move it, it was getting too close to spring with all the changes and additions they wanted to do.

I’m bummed, but I don’t mind, the game has got so much better the last 6 months that I’m fine with this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
When you have a billionaire dollar company behind you, guess you are in no rush. Though if this was just a showcase for their engine, curious why they keep pushing it back. It's almost like they actually want to make a game. Who knew. Will see how it goes. I had fun on that preview week. It's hilarious they had a basically open player event like that and game wont enter closed beta now until almost a year after.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Good news to me. They added 5 men dungeons and 20v20 PvP as endgame contents. Let's see if there is raid, if yes, what size would it be.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I still find the abilities to be far too dull. Feels more like you are a foot soldier than a hero

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Steps in the right direction. Basically just coming up to par with most content for a released MMO, but the difference is New World has good balance behind everything else. Nothing completely innovative, but I think if you throw the basics on what it has and implement them well it can be a good MMO if they keep the content coming at a decent pace.

Xerge

<Donor>
I feel like they're taking the WoW release route. Balance and polish a few key systems so it works well enough and keep going. This dev. update officially confirms some kind of 5 man pve dungeon end game repeatable content. I'm all in in honestly.

I'll definitely be readjusting my discord community to accommodate this entertainment, that's for sure.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I MUCH rather 5 man end game that is hard as fuck. Tera nailed this shit. You pretty much had to find 4 other excellent players to knock it out. Especially tank...ahem, which of course, I was.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really don't like raiding. Mostly because it inevitably becomes the defacto "This HAS to have the best gear because raiders are whiney little twats about what is harder or more time consuming".

An MMO with maximum 10 player content is my dream MMO.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I mean, TESO has 12 player raids and end game gear doesn't mean much, it's all how good you are playing the combat system. You can tell New World is going to spear TESO good though -- repeatable end game systems, action based combat, tightly integrated pvp, player housing. I genuinely think New World will have enough to keep it's self going.

• 1Worf

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I would be very happy if they have plan for 20 men raid, I may even take 15 but we will see. TESO raids (at least the ones I tried) weren't that fun. They were water-down grindfest.

Cybsled

TESO has brand recognition, though. New World is some “Great Value” level IP, so your ability to draw players will be purely a result of how good your actual game is

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
TESO has brand recognition, though. New World is some “Great Value” level IP, so your ability to draw players will be purely a result of how good your actual game is

Wut? I’ve literally never heard of TESO until this thread, lol.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Wut? I’ve literally never heard of TESO until this thread, lol.

Even if you never heard of TESO, presumably you've heard of The Elder Scrolls. That alone generates interest.

You hear "New World" MMO and your first thoughts are probably "what the fuck is this, a Pilgrim Simulator?"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Pretty much. some MMO players have only heard of New World because I have a news feed in my discord Community.

Xerge

<Donor>
I would be very happy if they have plan for 20 men raid, I may even take 15 but we will see. TESO raids (at least the ones I tried) weren't that fun. They were water-down grindfest.

Tanking veteran hard mode content in TESO is some of the most fun i've had. Tanking in TESO is way more fun than WoW or FF14 could ever hope to be. TESO is the first MMO where I just love tanking a shit ton. End game healing is up there too; TESO has a warden/nature healing class and feels like my end game druid healer, which was nice. Nothing compares to a TESO dragonknight tank though IMO, what an amazing fucking tanking toolkit. Fuck yea. I hated my darkknight and paladin in FF14, loved my WoW warrior until I got to TESO end game...

Don't think I could ever go back to weird scripted abilities and 'popping' cooldowns to tank. I want to fucking block the attack with my own input. I dont want to hit shield block and watch my character swing a limp dick sword. Tanking in hotbar MMOs is so fucking lame.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would much rather block big abilities rather than have DBM pop up and tell me to use my defensive. But to be fair, some tank roles are just better suited to one playstyle over the other. Some like Tera, some with a mix like eso, and some similar to WoW. I'd personally like to see a game implement different variations depending on the class with an option to change it. A Magic DPS tank plays this way, a Physical DPS tank plays that way, a Support tank plays this way etc. etc. I like the way the Protection Paladin plays in WoW for example.