New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Then you've been under a rock. That's just silly.

Suggesting that TESO’s branding is more powerful than an Amazon release is silly.

I played in the New World Alpha, have played ten diff MMO’s, am active in these forums, and I’ve still never heard of TESO. Or I have heard of it, but it made zero impression.

I’m not suggesting TESO is a bad game either. Just that it’s not some super power in regards to IP.

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pfft, I -WISH-
That would be woke as fuck. Figuring out the best ways to screw over the Indians and destroy the local ecologies starting from Plymouth Rock. You could have a new xpac for every colony.

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Suggesting that TESO’s branding is more powerful than an Amazon release is silly.

I played in the New World Alpha, have played ten diff MMO’s, am active in these forums, and I’ve still never heard of TESO. Or I have heard of it, but it made zero impression.

I’m not suggesting TESO is a bad game either. Just that it’s not some super power in regards to IP.

Amazon hasn’t released a single game worth a shit yet.

The Elder Scrolls is one of the most popular RPG franchises of all time and TESO has been very successful on its own right.

You either hit your head at some point or pay very, very little attention to the MMO genre.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Most people's first experience with ESO is that god awful release. Followed by terrible introductory experience. Exacerbated by decisions that were detrimental to just basic Quality of Life experiences, like a f'n Map, no mods etc. I am not surprised at all that people never looked back at it in the slightest. Getting the game years after the fact only renewed my interest in playing it and thankfully, most of the reasons I hated it in beta have been fixed/changed. I dont actively play the game, but I log on for new things occasionally.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Most people's first experience with ESO is that god awful release. Followed by terrible introductory experience. Exacerbated by decisions that were detrimental to just basic Quality of Life experiences, like a f'n Map, no mods etc. I am not surprised at all that people never looked back at it in the slightest. Getting the game years after the fact only renewed my interest in playing it and thankfully, most of the reasons I hated it in beta have been fixed/changed. I dont actively play the game, but I log on for new things occasionally.
Does it have a map now?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Skyrim sold like 40 million copies while Amazon has never released a game.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Edit: Apparently they released a multiplayer game in 2020 that's already shut down. Honestly think this proves my point more than anything

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Skyrim sold like 40 million copies while Amazon has never released a game.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Edit: Apparently they released a multiplayer game in 2020 that's already shut down. Honestly think this proves my point more than anything

TESO is Skyrim?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Aside from all this "Elder Scrolls isn't a brand" nonsense it's kind of silly to pretend Amazon doesn't have brand recognition.

"Amazon just released an MMO" will get a ton of attention. A ton.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the Amazon MMO's subscription cost isn't 20% cheaper than other games it's failing to embrace its brand!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Their model has changed a bunch but at one point New World was going to be F2P, I think that's still the case.

So... 100% cheaper

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Aside from all this "Elder Scrolls isn't a brand" nonsense it's kind of silly to pretend Amazon doesn't have brand recognition.

"Amazon just released an MMO" will get a ton of attention. A ton.
Which is really my point. Amazon has a huge reach. Suggesting that The Elder Scrolls has a bigger reach doesn't seem based on reality.

I was never suggesting "The Elder Scrolls" as an IP has no brand recognition. I just don't think The Elder Scrolls Online has some inherent advantage on Amazon bc of brand recognition. Anecdotally TESO has never made an impression on me. I even checked out the TESO thread since posting to see if anything rang a bell and it didn't. I imagine anytime I saw TESO stuff I just assumed it was Skyrim. IDK.

Having no familiarity with the online game I can't speak to its success, so idk why anyone got their jimmies rustled.

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm hoping they tie in some free shit with the prime sub. Incoming loot boxes.

• 2Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Buy to Play model similar to GW2 and ESO when they launched, though I expect like every other B2P game it'll offer a F2P version a year or so in and monetize expansion stuff, especially since if they are going to try to keep PvP one of the central aspects you need healthy populations which would necessitate the F2P leeches potentially earlier on.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is really my point. Amazon has a huge reach. Suggesting that The Elder Scrolls has a bigger reach doesn't seem based on reality.

I was never suggesting "The Elder Scrolls" as an IP has no brand recognition. I just don't think The Elder Scrolls Online has some inherent advantage on Amazon bc of brand recognition. Anecdotally TESO has never made an impression on me. I even checked out the TESO thread since posting to see if anything rang a bell and it didn't. I imagine anytime I saw TESO stuff I just assumed it was Skyrim. IDK.

Having no familiarity with the online game I can't speak to its success, so idk why anyone got their jimmies rustled.
I just don't understand how you can be a member of these forums, much less a gamer at all, and pretend you've never heard of the Elder Scrolls.

• 1Truth!