New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I just don't understand how you can be a member of these forums, much less a gamer at all, and pretend you've never heard of the Elder Scrolls.
I'd never heard of The Elder Scrolls ONLINE. I've already said this.

I also said that I'd probably seen it, but just assumed it was Skyrim.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Either way it sounds more like a troll than the truth. You play MMO’s and frequent MMO forums but you’ve never heard of one of the top MMO’s on the market?
Sure.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Either way it sounds more like a troll than the truth. You play MMO’s and frequent MMO forums but you’re never heard of one of the top MMO’s on the market?
Sure.

I appreciate everyone here who thinks there isn’t anything I don’t know. Y’all da best.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have a feeling that New World will be a great game, but it just won't be for ME as it doesn't scratch the itch I have with respect to abilities.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have a feeling that New World will be a great game, but it just won't be for ME as it doesn't scratch the itch I have with respect to abilities.

I thought this at first glance as well but even in WoW when I was ranked high in PvP I didn’t have an overabundance of skilled I used either. If they bring back a 3rd weapon, (which they’ll have to if they don’t fix the life staff meta) then that’s 9 main abilities which is the same if not more than I used on a regular basis in WoW.

at the end of the day though this will scratch my itch as it has an involved community, crafting, and housing system while having an engaging system for city growth and pvp. I can see how the game won’t be for everyone but for me, I can’t wait.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Now that beta preview has been confirmed my interest in ESO is basically gone. I'm ready for my next thing. The core systems for NW just sound like good fun and I can't wait for a good time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Could you guys macro the weapon swap in with the ability cast the last time you played?

"Ability name:
/equip weapon 1
/wait 5
/cast ability"

for example

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Hell, there's no hotbar to even put macros on, at least not from what I remember last time I logged in. The UI is much closer to something like POE (3-4 dedicated ability buttons) and quickslots for potions.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was there any indication of controller support? With that few abilities and controller support, I could see myself couch surfing the game.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The controls are pretty limited, definitely seemed like controller play was in mind. In fact, I think they're probably leaning towards that the way the inventory works at the moment. I think controllers would make the combat feel a lot better as it does for most action type combat games.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I used a controller to play and it made the combat much MUCH more fluid.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brevity is the soul of wit, and this game is an uninspired piece of shit.

a554674.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
They only have to change the dressing to keep some of you guys ordering the same shit salad. Bon appetit!

• 1Cringe
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users