New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Logged on yesterday to look at some changes in this patch. Definitely not bare bones from a skill perspective anymore. But I can just tell if they launched this into open beta right now there'd be like 3-4 OP builds that would just crush everything else.

Definitely making huge progress in record time on this, but from reading the tooltips of things you can tell they have different "teams" working on some of the same parts of the game and just picking and choosing what they want from each and throwing them on the alpha for testing. They have like inconsistent wording for buffs/debuffs and shit for skills that they could make much, MUCH more understandable by normalizing across the board. Also several typos here and there, but I guess that's the price of max speed game development.

If they add in multiple dungeons and a reason to do them this game could launch now and be successful. Would it have the OOMPH they want? Probably not, but people would definitely play it to max level and grind it for a few weeks/maybe months with what they've currently got.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you get to colonize the fuck out of people in this? Only interested if you do.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Do you get to colonize the fuck out of people in this? Only interested if you do.
No, I think they had some backlash from folks complaining about the native american 'appropriation' part, and others complaining about slavery connections somehow.

Should just add giant warehouses ingame and a system where you can run packages. Much more Amazon's style.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If there isnt a tongue-in-cheek quest where you're delivering packages in the retail version, I will be disappointed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Decent video on a bunch of changes going into NW:

I don't like that they're going closer to Loot Pinata by design. What are you supposed to do if you inundated with items like in Diablo?

Soulbind on Equip or No-Drop loots... I suspect that crafting ingredients will be the big game economy?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Buy storage expansion tickets. On sale! (all credit cards accepted).
Black Desert. Sells inv slots and then they shower you with 1000s if items, all different and none stack. 3/4 of which seem important but you have no fucking clue what they are used for.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got an invite to this the other day. Let’s see if it’s any good
Sarim-Akhtar.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
New invites went out apparently.

Definitely check your spam filters. Several people got invites in theirs.