New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Raiding needs to die. Smaller groups with better designed mechanics is the way to go. Encourage interaction within the world, not instances.

• 6Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like raiding overall, but in some games when the raiding is truly challenging it can be an absolute pain getting competent people to do them. I wouldn't mind raids if they added stuff that isn't the top end, but some sort of alternate side grade or for this game even just a large amount of high end crafting mats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to see raiding added to New World, but not make it the main focus. Raid mobs attacking cities would be neat, ie. Rift. Or having them out in the open world, ie. Guild Wars 2. Which.. I thought they said they did have? But since I cant get a key to save my life, the fk if I know.

• 1Solidarity

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I'd like to see raiding added to New World, but not make it the main focus. Raid mobs attacking cities would be neat, ie. Rift. Or having them out in the open world, ie. Guild Wars 2. Which.. I thought they said they did have? But since I cant get a key to save my life, the fk if I know.
Lol, does steam family share work for that? I'd have no problem sharing that.

• 1Solidarity

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Launch-era Guild Wars 2 was also exactly what I going to post as well as example of how to do this "right", i.e. to my taste. Large scale public events joinable at any time by individuals or groups, and rewards commensurate with contribution. Public events themselves were so well done in GW2; they would lead to different chains of events based upon success or failure of each event, you could follow along, really gave a sense of story to each section of the world that I hadn't seen since EQ1.

I am super-hyped about this, but not am not a PVP guy. Surprisingly, I played a fair amount for large-scale PVP in ESO, because it was so easy to jump in and contribute, weapon switching/role switching was so easy. Fake Edit: Rather than speculate, I went back and read the above link to the Dev post. We'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hate reading this thread, because it reminds me to check my email again only to be bummed out again.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Just in case anyone's interested in reading about Lumberyard, the 2015 Crytek fork that Amazon is using for New World.

• 7Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
GREAT AXE LETS GOOOO

3x.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Imagine a major western MMO that wasn't a stylistic knockoff of a generic Asian game these days.

You'd have to since it doesn't exist.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Great Axe reveal teased for tomorrow

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what they're up to since Greataxe was put into the game in December's update. (Source)

Wonder if they're going to reveal that weapons are getting 'ultimate' skills or moving towards a 4th ability for each weapon.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty underwhelming video to be honest. It's like they improved their video editing and not really much else. The voiceover was 6/10 and really didn't add to pulling me into their world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users