New World

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Wish they'd delay the game another year and just launch this on Lumberyard's successor, O3DE. (https://o3de.org/)
Would give content team a ton more time to get this right the first time. Not like Amazon is bleeding out of cash anytime soon.

Game feels unfinished. It definitely needs more time / content.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was always confused by the delay. I dunno, maybe I got lucky, but I didn't see anything that needed another month to get done. Maybe it was bad at high end with bugs or something, I stopped in the mid 30s. The new stuff announced still says its going in after launch, so that's not the reason. I understand that for mmos launch is very important and usually you only get one shot, so that might be all there is too it, try to polish/clean it as much as possible.

I'll skip the open beta most likely, just see no reason to play it.

Dupes, exploits, lag in some 50v50 situations (GA vortex spam) and server instability come to mind. Closed beta forums aren't accessible anymore but there were lots of threads in the bug report section.
Like Bondurant said, there was just a laundry list of shit that they labeled "Bugs we're aware of" - since we cant access the forums, cant show you the stuff. But for example, Fishing - although "mostly" fixed would still sometimes crash you. Some people would go into the Cursed Invasions and after leaving, the sky would still be red and cloudy after leaving. Bugs were present with the 20x0,30x0 series that would cause them to black screen etc. Power demands for the game were higher than some of your most graphic intensive games. Random lag hitting in areas that had little to nothing to render. etc. etc.

I dont disagree that the game was largely playable, but there was a bunch of stuff that would turn away some people. Then you have people finding bugs, exploits, or systems that they could abuse and those needed to be fixed/nerfed to fit how they envisioned the game being played. I would also agree that I wouldnt mind them delaying the game further and putting more content in and perfecting (or in some cases figuring out how they want) systems. Regardless of all this, Im fiending to play something that isnt already a decade+ old at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Dupes, exploits, lag in some 50v50 situations (GA vortex spam) and server instability come to mind. Closed beta forums aren't accessible anymore but there were lots of threads in the bug report section.
Don't want to be like ESO and release the game with 3 known dupe exploits.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm just saying that's why you want as many bugs as possible quashed before the official launch.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to play this when it comes out and I'm glad they pushed it back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ONly shit I saw was the LAAAAAG in the 50 vs 50 PVP shit. They DEF need to get a hold of that problem. Basically desyncing for the entire thing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I had no clue it had so many dupes. I guess that's what I get for just getting to mid 30s to see if I enjoyed it and quitting to save the rest for launch.

Glad to see a 2nd weapon for focus though. Hopefully something decent to go with life staff.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The last delay was a super buzz killer.

I was really looking forward to playing today. I think it was a stupid fucking decision. Just fix shit as you go and release the game. 1 more month isn't going to change anything.

Unless there was egregious duping going on to the point of breaking the economy or market, there is literally no reason.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The last delay was a super buzz killer.

I was really looking forward to playing today. I think it was a stupid fucking decision. Just fix shit as you go and release the game. 1 more month isn't going to change anything.

Unless there was egregious duping going on to the point of breaking the economy or market, there is literally no reason.

Because pushing bug riddled shit out the door always works out

:rolleyes:

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It wasnt even that bad?

Im not sure about dupes and critical bugs, I never got past lvl 28, so maybe I just didnt see the bad.

• 1Picard

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Why is duping always a thing in MMO's? You'd think they'd have this database shit figured out by now so that its either impossible or immediately recognizable and fixed/banned.

• 2Seriously?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why is duping always a thing in MMO's? You'd think they'd have this database shit figured out by now so that its either impossible or immediately recognizable and fixed/banned.
I feel like you dont code.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
March 16, 1999 👀
giphy+(28).gif

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having gamebreaking issues at launch like dupe, exploits and server under maintenance is really something you'd want to be kept at a minimum if you want people playing your MMO. No one remembers a decent release but botched releases always find echo on Internet, especially if your servers are down and people keep themselves busy during maintenance by typing bad shit about your game and making memes about how you, your game, your studio, your servers and anything along the way suck.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

It's always there, hell *I* found a dupe bug in live EQ 2 decades ago, that means anyone can do it. How the company responds is also important. Why play an MMO the right way, if the exploiters / bots aren't punished? Witcher's shitty GPS mobile game came out a month or so ago, people hit level cap coming out of a buggy tutorial. The company did nothing, let them keep it . Why bother leveling legit? Now no-one plays it.