New World

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I jumped in for about an hour to see. No real issues fps wise(the usual dip in town or around all the fires), but I am also playing on a old ass system 1070 and i5 6500. Everything is basically on low.

I did have the sound glitches though. It seemed if there was too many things going on at once, sound would just cut out. It came back just after though.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I was looking at buying a new rig since mine is pretty old, giving me 2nd thoughts until they fix performance or driver updates or whatever it may be. Game is beautiful even on lower settings but if I spent $1k on a GPU I'd want to run it on max...

EDIT: This should fix your problems guys

1631289906702.png

Last edited:

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was looking at buying a new rig since mine is pretty old, giving me 2nd thoughts until they fix performance or driver updates or whatever it may be. Game is beautiful even on lower settings but if I spent $1k on a GPU I'd want to run it on max...

EDIT: This should fix your problems guys

View attachment 371983
Updated drivers, and still much worse this time around than the last closed beta. Drivers gave an almost imperceptible fps increase — maybe about 3-5% better

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Updated drivers, and still much worse this time around than the last closed beta. Drivers gave an almost imperceptible fps increase — maybe about 3-5% better
I was being sarcastic with the edit, sorry if it didn't translate

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just started playing, getting 116 FPS (my FPS limit) with all settings on High @ 1440 on my 3080.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm comparing my previous experience with New World closed beta, and alpha testing phase. (All using the exact same PC specs) There has definitely been a performance hit to frame rate. I'm not sure what the cause is, (perhaps the increase in server population is having unintended consequences). Just reporting here for posterity.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The biggest hit from alpha to beta I saw was the upping of particle effects via skills and armor graphics. Once they added the finishing touches to shit like staff spells it devastated FPS for me in populated areas. Having 5 people cast fire/life staff shit at the same time will drop most high end cards down to 45-60 fps.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Watching streams and man, I wish something would come up with better ways to do quests other than the stupid quest log and generic go here kill xxx or bring me xxx bear ass stuff. At least a way to make them more organic.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Has there been a discussion on which server/time zone will host the FoH guild?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's even worse in town. I am running worse now than I was in the previous beta. I'm dipping into the 20's FPS.

This is medium settings at 4Kish. RX 6800. 32G 3600 RAM. 7700K@ 4.9Mhz. I even turned up the RGB!

View attachment 371900

Ultra wide screen gaming setups to not do as well as they use to. Especially the newer games. Driver optimizations for ultrawide or 3 screen setups are shit for new games. And single graphics cards (vs SLI0 just don't do well for ultrawide for the most part.

Have run a 7680x1440 Nvidia surround setup since 2015. Back then I had two strix 980's in SLI and most games ran very smooth with the fans very rarely kicking in. Have since upgraded to a single Strix RTX 2080 and it's a dog at ultrawide screen. Runs everything great on a single screen though (much better than the SLI 980's), but for Nvidia surround it's crap. Fans are scrieaming.

Even old games don't do as well. Most games have added extra graphics features and have neglected optimization for utltrawide. So the end result is ultrawide has been fucked.

My brother runs a similar setup and has great results with 2 1080 ti's in sli mode. I'm pretty convinced that ultrawide (especially Nvidia surround or AMD Eyefinity) needs SLI to run effectively. Going to skip the recent card upgrades from Nvidia / AMD but when the 4000 nvidia series comes out will be building a new comp and go back to SLI. SLI is a pain in the ass sometimes but it does do ultrawide setups much better than a single card.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I get 140 frames out of town and 20 in town with 1440p and a 3080.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Is there any real reason to craft in this game, outside of if you want to be one of the super top endgame crafters?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wondering if everything is being rendered, whether or not you should be able to see it. Has anyone looked at their CPU usage in town also?

It's not as bad now that people are more spread out but it was rough yesterday most of the day.

Everything is player driven Cupcaek Cupcaek , crafting is how you get pretty much everything and it's quite enjoyable. First game I really enjoyed the crafting in.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Is there any real reason to craft in this game, outside of if you want to be one of the super top endgame crafters?
I have been trying to not deep dive before the game comes out - but I think (so, might not be right) stonecrafting is needed for dungeon keys and are bop.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Can I still refund this if I played the shit out of if during closed beta?

It's fun and all, but I had more fun in Valheim. Not too excited about playing this again

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can I still refund this if I played the shit out of if during closed beta?

It's fun and all, but I had more fun in Valheim. Not too excited about playing this again
Yeah, I'm not sure I want to play it anymore. I may just because there's shit else, but...this beta just made me realize how shallow the game is.

• 1Like